Register now to get rid of these ads!

push bar need pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratrod0, Apr 26, 2007.

1. ratrod0

ratrod0

any one have pics of push bars on old trucks.

Attached Files:

2. gearjam1

gearjam1

-I'm not sure if you mean push bars, as in "to push a dragster" push bars, or just old-neat shit welded up by who-know's-who... If it is the latter...I really dug the push bar on the front of the large truck in the: "some j-yard pics" posting by "merc-o-madness". -Tony B. :D

3. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Here's mine. The truck was originally a California parks and services vehicle, ordered with a 3/4-ton heavy duty radiator, 7-blade fan, 4spd granny Low trans. I feel like this pushbar was probably installed by the parks and services mechanics. It's all stick-welded, but everything fits very well, the bumper is notched on the top to clear the supports, etc. It's stick welded to the truck frame, behind the bumper. That won't be fun to cut off...

The uprights are 1/2-inch thick, by about 2 inches wide. They have rubber 1/2 round pieces (with molded in bolts on the back) on their face. There is a solid piece of round stock going between them. I bent the hell out of it after this photo, pushing a '58 Buick.

I'm going to pull this bumper off and put a regular one up front. I'll probably then restore this push-bar, replace the bumper, and use it when a friend and I go to Bonneville in two years.

-Brad

Attached Files:

4. ratrod0

ratrod0

brad is that the same truck you and your son took the road trip in. also are yall going to the rat-rod rumble

5. NealinCA

NealinCA

Here are a couple...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yup, that's the one. I've put about 10K miles on it in the last year.
    It's been lowered a bit, factory brakes have been completely rebuilt (except for lines...I really need a self-adjust kit, and front power discs to tow with), new HD 4-row radiator, new timing chain, water pump and exhaust. In the last month I added a 7blade clutch fan, found a factory fan shroud, swapped the grill out for a '60 4-headlight model, and completely rewired it.

Next up is a 4spd. manual OD trans, and by the end of summer a warmed over 350.

Didn't plan on the Rat rod rumble...when and where is it?

-Brad

7. Randy Triplett

Randy Triplett

How about the bars for the car

Attached Files:

8. hdman6465

hdman6465
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]Here is what I use.