Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Let it Snow,let it Snow, let it Snow

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Deuces

Deuces

Ain't that the truth.....
    84 today down to 51° tonight.... :confused:

Black Fifty likes this.
  2. Like you are describing, the snow over ice is what we often get here on the wet coast. We only have 3 or so snowstorms over the winter, but the snow we get is heavy, wet crap, that you shovel like a fiend, and three days later it gets rained away.
    I don't mind it now that I no longer have to commute (fly, drive, swim) 100 miles to work. There are many commuting stories I could tell, but the best example of how treacherous the roads can be, is the time I was driving in a snow storm on about 6 inches of unploughed snow. Thank goodness I was alone on the road at the time. I was driving slowly on a piece of 4 lane road, and without warning, because of the snow over freezing rain, my 55 Cameo did a complete 360 and I ended up going in the same direction in the same lane I was in before it happened. It was not an experience I would care to repeat.
    It took me about 10 years to stop jumping when the phone rang and worrying about the commuting weather after I retired.
    Anything is better than the -40 crap I worked in when I was in the Air Force. I was flying fighters, and it was colder than hell sitting in the cockpit on the ramp in that -40 weather waiting for ground power to startup.
    A friend of mine actually froze an eyeball because of the light breeze blowing between his visor and his face. He was grounded for over a month. I do not miss the prairies.
    Bob

3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I be ready..Never took the snow thrower and cab off the tractor for summer use.. Change oil and grease and ready! IMG_0269 - Copy - Copy.JPG

Deuces likes this.
  4. The funny part is I’m 500km further north and we have no snow!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces likes this.
  5. no55mad

no55mad

IMG_0657.JPG IMG_0670.JPG Grew up in Mich, lived 45 years in Calif as did wife, now she wants to live in Mich. She says Calif weather is boring. At least in Mich winters the humidity is tolerable, poison ivy is dormant, no mosquitoes, cool temps to cut up all the trees that grow like weeds. Better get the chains out.

Felix 40, Tim, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  6. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Take your snow and shove it up your a**!!!!!!!!!

7. papajohn

papajohn

Bring it on!

Hopefully we get a little Fall first.

Deuces likes this.
  8. CA. 280

CA. 280

Your talking about a typical summer day here. 92 at 4PM yesterday, 47 this morning. Good for the grapes.

Deuces likes this.
  9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Snow is beautiful until you have to shovel it away from both sides of the car to install the new clutch and put the iron 4 speed back in. By the time we were done our language had pretty much melted the snow around us. o_O:D

bobss396, Deuces and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

LOL! When I was a little kid in Spearfish it was common to walk past snow piles taller than we were on the way to school. Some didn't melt till May. Shoveled plenty of that stuff for spending money.

Deuces likes this.
  11. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

When I lived in Portsmouth VA. a neighbor had a pristine O.T. muscle car that he drove to the shipyard, where he worked nights. One morning I walked outside and a rollback was just backing in, delivering his Mustang that looked like it had been in a demolition derby. Tom told me he was driving to work the previous evening, drove onto an overpass covered in black ice, then, with no warning he was bouncing like a cue ball going from rail to rail, couldn't stop the car. There wasn't a straight panel left. That black ice is some sneaky stuff.

spikemd11 likes this.
  12. ZZ Top Chop

ZZ Top Chop

"DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME, DONT YOU PUT THAT EVIL ON ME RICKY BOBBY!!!!!!!!!!

13. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's the deal, Bob. You can dress for cold weather but you can't undress enough for heat and humidity. Words from a guy who built water towers in -20F temps in northern Wisconsin and rebuilt oil storage tanks in St. Croix, USVI when the temp inside the tank was 130F+.

Deuces and OahuEli like this.
  14. Whats nice about living in south Texas. During the winter months you do not have to shovel sunshine off your drive way. Though it has snowed a few past winters. It melts and is gone by the end of the day.

treb11, Deuces and OahuEli like this.
  15. Yup, got a wee skiff of snow here today. If we don't get anymore it'll be gone tomorrow.

16. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

No snow, and yes...no ocean... But you should see our beach... miles and miles of sand !!! ;):):):)

b-bop, typo41, Deuces and 2 others like this.
  17. A Boner

A Boner

My dad used to say, if there was a perfect place to live, everyone would live there.

Black Fifty, b-bop, alanp561 and 2 others like this.
  18. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Exactly!!!!! I say that often, too!

Deuces likes this.
  19. 1932tub

1932tub

Caught out in the snow going over one of our South Island mountain passes on the way to a rod run
    34 snow 2 (1536 x 1152) [800x600].jpg

treb11, Deuces and Mtn Goat like this.
  20. goldmountain

goldmountain

Blue One and jaw22w like this.
  21. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^agreed! I think the OP is the one that comments that someone "is not quite right". I'm guessing he is the authority on that subject if he is wishing for cooler weather. Me, if I never saw another snowflake again I would be happy.

Deuces and Blue One like this.
  22. Out here in L.A. cars are our "Snow Flakes", they cover the road and never go away.

F&J likes this.
  23. Was down in Texas and New Mexico last week, Good to be back to the fall weather ( I do miss the BBQ though)

24. I'll wait for the snow thank you. I'm sorry for all the devastation recently in the Carolina's, weather is something we have no control over.
    Here we definitely have all the seasons-this past summer we had many +90 days, but this winter we'll get about 400" of snow over the season. But, we miss the extreme storms.
    As for you Alberta boys, my son was transferred from Edmonton to San Jose, CA last December. He was sent back to Edmonton for a week's assignment to help out at the plant. Guess when he was there; yep, last week for all the cold and snow.

spikemd11 likes this.
  25. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Just for you I’m gonna pray that you get more than your share and that the North winds blow the snow all the way down to you :p:D:D:D;)

26. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Oh dont be an ass now;). We get our fair share here in the Black Hills I just dont like it, to many years carpentering outside in the winter.

Blue One likes this.
  27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm not fond of it either and I've been a Canadian all my life :D Go figure. :D

28. Being the OP and contrary to popular belief I am sane although I do admit to being not right myself so I may have a good understanding of human nature.

As a true Son of the South I do enjoy joking & word play with my Northern friends and the word snow often brings out a chuckle, something we rarely see but you guys have to endure for months at a time.

For me some cooler and less humid weather will be welcome. HRP

Deuces and Blue One like this.
  29. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ha ha!!!! Theres nothing we can do about it so we better get ready for it!

Blue One likes this.
  30. i look at it like this: "if you live in paradise, where would you vacation?"

jim snow likes this.