Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the Jalopy Journal.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jesse maxwell, Sep 19, 2018.

1. jesse maxwell

jesse maxwell

I just found out about the Jalopy journal from a friend. So, I started digging through the archives in search of knowledge. Man, I scored! My name is Jesse, I am from South Mississippi, I have a 67 Barracuda with a good 833 4 spd and a bad 7.25 rear end. Its badly rusted and has been hit in the rear. Frame rails are bent. I wanted to give up on the car, but I was shown the Gasser! I says to myself..."Self, you need a Gasser in your life!" So I think that I want to build a car with a 273 V8 and rusty beat ass cuda. I need some help with a 10000 rpm 273. I need help with a straight axle. I need help with some unibody frame work. I have a welder and I know how to use it! I dont know everything about rebuilding engines but I can be taught at ish.
    Thanks in adavance
    Jesse

CudaChick1968 likes this.
  2. Welcome to the HAMB Jesse....just be sure not to mention your car is past cut-off year for the HAMB...
    Read and enjoy..

3. jesse maxwell

jesse maxwell

Yeah I just saw that rule. No worries. Still a cool website !

4. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

Welcome aboard Jesse! Great to have another 'unmentionable' A Body Mopar lover to hang out with. :D I've had mine over 27 years and have accumulated a ton of parts sources; don't hesitate to message me for help on the sly.

jesse maxwell and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. jesse maxwell

jesse maxwell

Wow your powder coating work is badass! Idk how to message you.....Ima forum dumbass

6. kursplat

kursplat

if your not already, take the Barracuda over to FOR A BODIES ONLY
    https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/widget-pages/home/
    but still come here to learn stuff. wayyy more skills and help here than you'll ever be able to go through

p.s. lots of cudachick's work shown off at that mopar site

7. jesse maxwell

jesse maxwell

Thanks kursplat. I have lurked that forum but have not become a member. I cant seem to navigate this sight very well. I just go in circles. I really like this sight? Kinda weird and awkward, i love it. I have no idea why...lmao

8. CudaChick1968

CudaChick1968

Thanks for the kind words!!! Kursplat already mentioned one of the best places to find parts and info (been on FABO for many years myself).