Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical How to get water out of air tools?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shakedown St., Sep 15, 2018.

1. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

I have an automatic drain on my compressor that drains every time it starts. I also put a few drops of oil in each air tool before it is put away, every time!:)

2. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I left my ipod in the pocket of a pair of jeans that went through the wash. Someone said to put it in a bowl of rice. It didn't help and the soy sauce made the ipod all sticky. People give stupid advice.

3. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When your coil is cooling the warm compressed air there is some water condensing out of that air. Sooner or later your coil will have some water in it.

Boneyard51 likes this.
  4. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^Which is why I built this.
    upload_2018-9-20_15-34-40.png
    Key:
    1. Air inlet from compressor (5hp, 80 gallon tank with electric water purge in the bottom that releases water every hour)
    2. 60 feet of copper with sweated fittings, all uphill, no low spots.
    3. hard to see, a tee fitting passing air to the dryer system and water down the copper pipe (number 5)
    4. Desiccant dryer system, was installed at MAACO, they upgraded...so did I
    5. Water goes down this pipe to a release valve on another timer so I don't have to remember to drain it.
    6. High pressure air for my blast cabinet, cabinet has a cheater valve to regulate if needed
    7. regulator to knock the pressure down to operating range for air tools
    8. Line to shop (about 3 feet of flex hose, the rest of shop is hard lined and looped with water drains in 3 locations)

I used to have water in my tools occasionally...not since I built this last summer. Also makes a mean moonshine.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Zactly!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

^^^^That's why I use charcoal in the desiccant filter :cool: