Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hot Rod Hillclimb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The Hot Rod Hillclimb

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I looked around for you all weekend. I just thought it was the kind of place you would really enjoy. Maybe next year.

My brother and I really enjoyed the reliability run. We talked a lot about having something like it to go along with the HAMB Drags.

John

Tim and cactus1 like this.
  3. Another bucket list must attend. HRP

pprather likes this.
  4. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

This year was the third one I participated in. It was a total blast. I cannot recommend attending enough. After going to the Hill Climb or the Dirt Drags it will ruin all other parking lot car shows. My favorite part of those shows is the end when you get to hear all the cars start and run and drive off. At the Hill Climb you get not only see them drive but get to see them take off up the hill at full throttle. The reliability run is almost as much fun as the actual hill climb. I have also noticed that several people have been coming a day or so early to tour the mountains more. perhaps another day of touring can be organized. I cant stress enough how much fun the Hot Rod Hill Climb is!!

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

Yes Ryan you need to go- but more importantly- you really should bring your AV8 coupe....

Guanella-Pass-Road-Hill-Climb.jpg

waxhead, Fern 54, Tim and 7 others like this.
  6. This was my first time attending but it won't be my last, we're already planning for next year! Ryan, you really need to squeeze this event into your schedule, you'll be glad that you did. Just look at all the photo's that were taken over the week end and posted, the drivers, their passengers and most of the spectators had a big shit eating grin on their faces, that ought to tell you something!
    Binger & Winduptoy it was nice to finally meet you both in person. Last but not least, a big thank you to the organizers of this fantastic event!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  7. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool. Love the caution advice in the 1934 clip to avoid a "very dry Davy Jones' locker." Somehow or other that seems to tie in with your weekend, Boss. Looks like fun.

Jet96 and Tim like this.
  8. "I stumbled upon a shilo (I did it Sancho!)" It's about time you used your own word! Only took a little prodding....

"And this is why traditional hot rodding is so god damned wonderful." This is a great quote. Ranks right up there with some of your best ramblings from the "these editorials are not for sale" days.

9. You need to take your own advice and come back Jay! I had an empty seat!

Nicks Hot Rod Garage likes this.
  10. Roothawg

Roothawg

We used to....not sure what happened. Those MO guys quit putting them on. Maybe you could talk to them?

MO_JUNK likes this.
  11. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

What an event. We really enjoyed it. Friday was a true reliability run. Drivers were wrenching on their rides at the checkpoints-mostly making adjustments for higher elevations. It was a very well organized event. Sam

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nah, he just wants everyone to come to him.... ;)

NoSurf likes this.
  13. Ha! Truth!

NoSurf likes this.
  14. brjnelson

brjnelson

15. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

EPIC Event!! Here's a few to share...
    BB.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg 15.JPG 16.JPG BB.1.jpg

16. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

17. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

18. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

19. Great pics Dave! (@Countn'Carbs) And so nice chatting with you! You put on a heckuva show with that roadster of yours!!

20. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I need to build a car to the specs to run the hill, I've been there 3 times and yet to run the hill. I did get the OMG pass sticker this year though.

21. raven likes this.
  22. Lilcitycruiser

Lilcitycruiser

Luckily we live near by in Golden, and make the HRHC every year and every year it gets better and more cars from all over the country show up, It's a Fantastic event !
    The Next one to put on your bucket list IS, , , The Hot Rod Dirt Drags in Monte Vista Colorado, it's in June and that event keeps growing and more amazing Hot Rods show up, it's four days of fun
    The HRHC on Sunday with the Peak to Peak cruise to Estes Park , Seeing the Fall / Autumn leaves in full color as you cruise, a fantastic lunch in Estes and then to drive back to Central City in line with 30 plus vintage hot rods is breath taking fun !

Nicks Hot Rod Garage and MO_JUNK like this.
  23. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

We got the OMG sticker as well. Question, was Pat Ganahl there? I haven't seen him in twenty five years. Not sure but I thought I saw him in the pits near the starting line.

24. Great weekend, @Ryan thanks for the mention.
    Yup, your kinda event. Bring your coupe man.

NoSurf, cactus1 and kiwi1967 like this.
  25. Damn, I wish I could've made it.
    Had great(?) plans to do this in conjunction with couple of other long distance events, but unfortunately bunch of sh*t just didn't accommodate my plans and I had to abandon it all.
    Hopefully next year, with less ambitious plans and not quite so much on my plate, I can make it. :rolleyes:

cactus1 likes this.
  26. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

On my to do list next year! :D

27. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

If you were not here, you were nowhere!

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 12.48.04 PM.png

28. Take my word for it as it is the most fun you will ever have with your pants on...

29. Here’s a pic by Mike Rogers from
    driven Imagery. 239B3C44-ADD8-4065-AEDE-9AE3A57F2E7A.jpeg