Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mobtown Greaseball, Baltimore

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevy57dude, Aug 20, 2018.

1. 1534799060475-1723501039.jpg
    September 22 in Baltimore.
    Any HAMBers who have attended in the past please comment. Looks like a good time.

Scooterville and lothiandon1940 like this.
  2. It's very cool. We've been going for the last ten years.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. That's where my avatar was taken, but now back at the original site.

chevy57dude likes this.
  4. Thank you, guys!
    Hrm2k has posted He's been, IIRC. Pinup contest, seems they may need some judges on standby..

mad mikey, hrm2k and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. It's a good one. Always try to make it to the Greaseball.

mad mikey and chevy57dude like this.
  6. Go - It"s a HOOT !

I saw lotsa stuff there that I"ve never seen anywhere else . Some really cool machines.

Oldmics

lothiandon1940 and chevy57dude like this.
  7. Steve, you should consider joining in the Maryland HAMB Social Forum since you are relatively close by. Lots of good folks on there.:).............Don.

mad mikey, Just Gary and chevy57dude like this.
  8. Most clubs won't have me! If I understand it correctly, I just did. At least I tried. There doesn't seem to be the little Calvert/MD flag under my avatar, but the forum says I joined.

lothiandon1940 and Just Gary like this.
  9. I was trying to take a photo of the FortyNiner (my Chevy) last year at the Mobtown Greaseball and this happened.

FB_IMG_1534808709157.jpeg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:D Murphy's law ?

mad mikey, FortyNiner and chevy57dude like this.
  11. Knghtcadi

Knghtcadi

I’ve been going for years def one of my favorites of the year , between that and the other karb kings show in fredricksburg they’re on top of my list

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. ............Yeah Steve, I just checked your profile page and it indicates that you are in. I think it's something in your settings that may be not allowing for the little flag to appear. I'm not tech-savvy enough to explain it, but maybe someone else can do it. Try posting something in the Md. forum just to make sure and welcome..........Don.

mad mikey and chevy57dude like this.
  13. Will do, Don. Actually, it's amazing each time I manage navigate through a new operation like that.
    [​IMG]

14. This pic from the Greaseball a couple of years ago. Photo by Mr. Lyle Willits.:) IMG_0287-vi.jpg

mad mikey, traffic61, hrm2k and 3 others like this.
  15. One week. Roll call!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  16. Count me in.:D

chevy57dude likes this.
  17. ................................Gary, It's time for you to come once again to the Greaseball.:)

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  18. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FYI...new location. A little bit smaller than others. Pretty sure there will be enough show car parking. Spectators...not so sure.

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been most years. Always had a great time.

chryslerfan55 and chevy57dude like this.
  20. .........Thanks for that heads-up. I was afraid that the VFW might be a little tight. The American Legion (last year) was pretty tough for spectator parking as well although full use of the ball field made show car parking very nice. I really miss the Moose Lodge venue. It was always my favorite.

21. For those who aren't from MD... Sparrows Point is in Baltimore County a ways outside of the city, not anywhere near the crazy high crime rate of Balto City. In 1950: the Sparrows Point steel plant was the LARGEST STEEL WORKS on the planet Earth.
    60,000 employees punched the clock there. Union bargaining unit alone represented 31,000 steel workers. Down the road was the Broening Highway GM plant - made Pontiacs in the 1930's, in the 1960's made the GTO convertible.

22. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I agree...it was a great place to live and grow up. Much manufacturing, the Sparrows Point steel mill and Shipyard, the G.M. plant, Western Electric. And all the support companies that went with them. If a person wanted to work, they sure could!

23. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hauled Chevy cars and trucks out of the GM plant on back hauls from around '73 to '84ish. Thought I recognized the Sparrows Point name. Sounds like fun.

24. One of the highlights of my 8th grade shop class was a field trip to the GM Assembly Plant there on Broening Highway. They were building all of the intermediates there at the time. (1964-65)... 09162018.jpg 09162018_0001.jpg 09162018_0002.jpg

25. mcsfabrication

mcsfabrication
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ran out of Linden, N.J. We had the Caddys, Olds, and Buicks. The big ones! What a shame both plants are nothing but memories. Very depressing to see Linden, all gone. I remember going past the Baltimore plant and seeing vegetation growing in the yards. The Linden plant is flat. I'm thinking a trip south is in my VERY near future. Good sounding rod trot, and a look down memory lane. Is preregistration mandatory?

26. ..............No, but wouldn't hurt to get there early as I'm not too familiar with the parking at this new venue. Hope you can make it. Digging your Anglia.:D

27. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had planned on driving the V8 Corvair again this year...………..but hospitalization and surgery for my honey takes top priority...…………….maybe next year

28. .............Hope all goes well for her, John.

mad mikey, FortyNiner, hrm2k and 2 others like this.
  29. X2 See you both next year.