Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 2" exhaust pieces and muffler question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rambler man Dan, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Rambler man Dan

Rambler man Dan

So I'm looking for a builders kit of 2" mandrel bent exhaust tubing in mild steel. Cant seem to find any from any suppliers. Speedway and others have 2 1/4 but I would really like to go with 2". Any one have any thoughts or options? I need like 4 90°s, 4 45°s, 4 60°s 4 u bends and 4 straight pieces about 48" long.
    I can find stainless but I'd like reg steel so I can weld it easier.

Also I'm looking for a muffler that has the in and out on the same end. Any one have any experience with sound and/or quality of a dynomax 17676 muffler? I'm going to be running 2 of them. One on each side going to my lake pipes. Will be on a SBC 350.

Or any other opinions or thoughts on running lake pipes and mufflers or baffles. I dont want to run a full exhaust out the back due to size and space constraints. I also dont want this to be stupid loud. Somewhat loud but not stupid.

Thanks.

2. greybeard360

greybeard360

Summit sells Kooks tubing in 2" in different radius bends. They will all be U bends... cut your own 90, 60 and 45 degree bends.

3. Dave 39

Dave 39

Columbia River Mandrel Bending . I have used them more than once, good product, very happy. Better than that chicom shit from summit and speedway. Dave

Bandit Billy likes this.
  4. brady1929

brady1929

Thanks for asking the question. I need the same tubing.

5. Fender wells and straight to lakes

6. Have bought 2" dia. U-bends from Speedway. They have them in steel or stainless steel. They also have a piece with a U- bend on one end and a 90* bend on the other end. Pretty reasonable in cost, believe the U-bend was $11.99. Used the U-bend to make a header exhaust pipe to go around the steering shaft on my sedan.

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2. I bought my system pieces from them.

8. We have used a couple/three of the U bend/90 degree pieces from Speedway as mentioned by bjinx, along with a straight piece of tube from O'Reilly's to make up several exhaust systems; seems to be just the right amount of material. We have done them in both 2" and 2-1/2".

9. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER