Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 5th Annual Oklahoma Hot Rod Hundred September 15th, 2018

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by guthriesmith, Apr 13, 2018.

1. The date is set and pre-registration is OPEN! This year, we will be starting in Mustang again and heading to Tishomingo where we will be meeting up with the North Texas run. If our turnout is anything like it has been in recent years, we could see around 350-400 cars at the ending point when you combine the two runs. Should be another great run and we will again enjoy some great BBQ from Daddy D's. Registration is $25 and will include a t-shirt, window decal (badge of honor), and one lunch. Additional t-shirts are $15 and additional lunches are $8. If you haven't been able to make one of these yet, they are just a leisurely drive through the country on the two lanes with a couple hundred other pre-73 cars and trucks. This year's artwork from B-Scott features our own Tony Emig's (Fif-t-3) cool 53 Chevy as well as a sweet 32 Ford roadster owned by Scott Teems from St. Louis.

Pre-register here http://www.hotrodhundred.com/oklahoma-city.html

CYAP2240[1].JPG

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    bonesy, Roothawg, bchrismer and 2 others like this.
  2. Can't wait!

guthriesmith likes this.
  3. Don't forget to get pre-registered so you don't miss out on an included t-shirt and the best barbecue lunch you will ever have. Still working out some of the route details, but this will be here before we know it.

gonmad likes this.
  4. Weather forecast isn't looking good as of yesterday........any updates? is there a rain-out date?

5. We roll rain or shine.

Texas57 likes this.
  6. Good to know, thanks. Undecided still. I thought about driving down Thurs. night the 360 miles from Amarillo and do the Southwest swap meet on Friday, then meet up with the Dallas chapter Saturday for the cruise, then maybe follow the OKC guys back that way. That brings up another question.....do you guys generally go back to your area together as well. The only cruises I've been on here in Amarillo, everybody seemed to have their own agenda for the way back. If the weather doesn't look promising for the swapmeet, I may just do as originally planned and meet the OKC guys in the AM at Mustang.
    BTW, my avatar pic was taken at Lake Texoma...not too far from this years destination. Love my roadtrips.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  7. We don't have anything organized for the return home. So, after lunch and awards, people generally head home on their own.

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anyone there now? pics?

gonmad likes this.
  9. I decided not to go, for me it was going to be an 800+ mile round trip, and the weather forecast was just to iffy for that long of a roadtrip. lol, I expect with me not going for that reason, the weather was probably perfect, so if it was, the guys that went can thank me for it. I was really disappointed, but in it's place, I did make a 1k roadtrip in the '57 to Central City for the Hot Rod Hill Climb.
    Hopefully, someone who did the OKC/Dallas cruise will post some pics.