Register now to get rid of these ads!

let the "de-geeking" begin,,pics of the 53

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, May 19, 2006.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

apparently the previous owner of the belair was a chevy accessory addict,,,,i dont think there are any accessories this car did not have,,,,it looks 100% better already,,,,,,,,,also im now running straight pipes,,,DAMN!!!.....i couldnt stop smiling the whole time i was driving her,,,,what a sound,,,,,i HIGHLY recommend running straight pipes on a chevy inline 6,,,,,,,,nothing else sound like it,,,,,,,here are a couple of pics i took at the shop before i left tonight,,,

Attached Files:

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

That's a sweet looking ride!

3. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

nice. How much does a good example of a stovebolt chebby like that one cost?

4. Hebee

Hebee

Very nice!!!! I have an extra spot in my garage where you can park that Chevy!
    :D :D :D I'll watch it for you!

5. FWIW, I LOVE the sound the lowriders in So Cal get from their straight 6s. They run one straight pipe and, on the most direct one, a 10" glaspac. Pulses and crackles like they should should.

You should be able to finance most of what you need to do for that car by selling the accessories. SOME people just eat that Jukebox stuff right up!

Drop the poot out of it, add some '54 Bel air hubcaps, tuck and roll the package tray, add teeth to the grill, paint the top and Bel Air strip Candy 'Flake Green, a little tasty pinstriping and you have the baddest Boulevard Creeper in the state.

Shit, man, I'd whistle at you and lift my pants leg, hoping for a ride.

CP

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

thats pretty much the plan phil,,,sell the accessories,to finance wwws, some nice caps, roll/pleated package tray, 4 extra teeth, one piece bumpers (anyone have some???),,,,,lowered,,probably roll/pleated seat covers,,,,you read my mind,,,,,,,,,i LOVE the way this sounds,,,,i was gonna do exactly what you said about the one glasspack and one open pipe,,,figured id try this first and if it was too loud, i could always add a glasspack,,,but man,,,im diggin it as is!!

7. Sorry Phil if I knew that was you I saw today, I would have stopped and given you a ride.
    What brings you to Palmdale?

8. Cool. Another thing, the chrome strip the trim shops use for convertable tops makes a perfect bull nose strip. Adding the Glaspac doesn't really make it much quieter, but it makes it pulse and crackle. Cheap to try.

I KNEW you'd do it right, I am totally infatuated with your '41 Caddy. That's the perfect car to park next to my Olds (when it's done) to fake a late forties, early fifties shot.

9. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

You really have some nice cars ! I understand what you say regarding the accessories but any traditional Lowrider,or better,Bomb guy would kill for them...I like both ways.

10. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That is one nice lookin chevy!

11. A near sighted feller who dropped me off on the interupted way to Rosamond.

What's new, Ray?

12. Squablow

Squablow

I agree, 'Bomb' guys love that stuff and they pay good $ for good pieces. I like decked out cars too, but I've seen your Caddy buildup so I trust your judgement.

Also, have you considered shaving all the teeth off your grille, instead of adding more onto it? I'm not sure I've ever seen a straight-bar '53 grille, and I'd think it would look really nice that way, would go nice with the smoothed off look of the rest of the car. Would be easy to photoshop, just a thought.

13. newstranger

newstranger

Time to cut some coils and get some blocks under that thing PRONTO..... she certainly is a looker! And yes, straight pipes on a 235 are the SHIT!!! What diameter pipes are you runnin'?

14. glassguy

glassguy

wow that sumbitch is mint!!!!! we will talk this bout giving her a haircut! thats just what my buddy freds car loooked like when he got it. even the accesories were accessorised!! the colors close too. u lucky bastid!!:D

15. glassguy

glassguy

pic

Attached Files:

16. leadsled53

leadsled53

before pic of mine

17. leadsled53

leadsled53

oh man try this

Attached Files:

• cd15.jpg
      cd15.jpg
      File size:
      30.4 KB
      Views:
  18. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Stop fooling around and get back to work on those fade-aways! :)

p.s. Dave, that chop is killa

19. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

cleatus,,,just posted a couple of fadeaway pics yesterday,,they are coming alomg great,,,,do a search and they should come up if you want to see the progress,,,,