Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage GREENFIELD IOWA SWAP WEATHER

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chopt31, Sep 6, 2018.

1. chopt31

chopt31

anyone know the forecast for greenfield this weekend?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

the weather channel: 69 degrees sat 71 sun

3. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

4. carryallman

carryallman

rain as usual ??? when it rains out ! go to the dm swap meet the following week ???

5. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My forecast after going the last couple of years would be widespread pieces of hobby store toys, with scattered old farm tools and a slight chance of some decent parts early in the morning.

Max Gearhead, Hnstray and Texas Webb like this.
  6. dirt car

dirt car
    from nebraska

Yeah..looks like rain Friday/Saturday & Sunday decent

7. chopt31

chopt31

you got that right ebbs, use to be a hell of a swap that not a lot of people knew about, now your right half farm auction stuff, but I been going there since it moved to greenfield about 35 years ago, so I godda go

btw I do know how to look up weather on the net, but wanted some local persons, because they differ by70% all the way down to 10%

8. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

I've been going since the 1970s when it was in Atlantic so Im going ran or shine.
    You're right that the old stuff has been drying up, but I always go home with something.
    Im not selling this year so there will even be less old stuff available for you guys...sorry.

9. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

IMG_0676.PNG There's been a metric crapton of rain the last couple weeks. Looks to be good weather though, this weekend.

10. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Be advised, the road from I-80 going South into Greenfield is closed. If you normally come from that direction you will need to find another way into town.

tractorguy likes this.
  11. low down A

low down A

I swore last year was the last time for greenfield. I hate fleamarkets and it is sad to see what happened to greenfield it used to be one of the best

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Is there another one in Iowa that`s better?

vtx1800 likes this.
  13. low down A

low down A

the heyday of the swapmeets here in iowa seem to be over, back in the seventy's and eighty's when the model A club put on the spring des moines swap it covered the whole fairgrounds. likewise the cedar rapids swap was big now just a hand full of vendor's. the answer to your question would sadly be no there isn't a better swap meet in iowa

14. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My wife and I attended Friday, vendors were down and the weather was terrible when we got there but as the day wore on more vendors arrived and the rain finally stopped. I guess we should have waited for today to have gone:( The parking lot was a morass of mud in what was once a nice field of alfalfa, if you didn't have four wheel drive you would still be there ) I didn't find anything but my wife did so I guess the day was a success. Plus I got to see a couple of friends that I seldom see!!

15. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Nice day out there today. Parking is being routed up on the ridge. I parked in town and drove my mobility scooter out.

16. alchemy

alchemy

We brought home a few good deals from today. It was worth going back. Great weather today, but only about half the vendors as usual. I think the weather yesterday scared them off.