Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Almost Funny - AWB Barracuda Funny Car Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Nov 27, 2017.

1. squirrel

squirrel

yup, stick a one in front of that....pretty much the same length of drive it was to get to your house, from here.

I'll check the toe again. The steering shock and the brackets I'd need for it are indeed heavy. I never had any issues with the Chevy steering, but it's a cross steer. This one might have some flex in part of the steering system, I need to eyeball everything while I steer it back and forth and see if I can spot any wiggling. It's only had weight on it for a few days, so it was hard to check this stuff earlier.

We plan to leave Thursday morning, and try to get there by Saturday afternoon.

2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

How’s that hood coming along? We’re checking for updates every few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Swamp Rat 4 like this.
  3. Jiminy

Jiminy

I would call the car "Moose"

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

We decided the hood isn't going to get done yet. There are just too many other more important things to take care of, and not enough time. Still have to organize and pack all the parts, tools, equipment, luggage, etc.

So far all looks well under the valve covers. It looks like it's going to make the trip.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

So, that means the sealed hood competition is out too then!

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's serious driving to these events...@squirrel you have a passion that's for sure...Just Do It comes to mind. I know many of the others do the same...good on you all. Have fun...;)...and share the sights...Take care everyone.

7. LWEL9226

LWEL9226
    from So. Oregon

WOW !! Thanks for the ride-a-long.... FANTASTIC.....

Lynn W

8. 392

I've replied before but ill reply again, fantastic in all aspects. Great job.

9. Hope for a safe trip and enjoy the ride!

10. No, no... The moose was Bullwinkle.

This is Rocket J. Squirrel.
    :rolleyes:

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Albino Pachyderm

D-Russ likes this.
  12. jimdillon

jimdillon

Knowing what it takes to do what you have done is simply amazing IMO. Have fun and make some great memories. Will be pulling for both you and Brian.

13. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Will there be an in car camera live internet feed? Probably get more viewers than Nascar.

OahuEli, slv63, Doctorterry and 4 others like this.
  14. now I like that idea...... Jim........ your loyal fans are waiting............

BigMike

15. Squirrel, How big is that Smile on your face now? Well done!
    The Wizzard

OahuEli, Chavezk21 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  16. 1934coupe

1934coupe

That is a great idea. Jim good luck, stay safe and have a good time.

Pat

17. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Great job Jim! Best of luck out there. Have a great time!

18. C Crews

C Crews

27973024_859089317606946_68344527780003175_n.jpg your car is beautiful sir !!!.......i sure would love to do the lettering , if you are going to have it lettered. im probably to far away for you to consider it. you can see my work on here and facebook under ed crews.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  19. C Crews

C Crews

here is a great name for your car.....or at least i think so...not necessaryly in those colors. 001.JPG

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Hollywood-East and chryslerfan55 like this.
  20. squirrel

squirrel

Neat, I wonder if we'd have time? I kind of doubt it! we barely have time to use the restroom during Drag Week.

Anyways...I spent an hour playing with adjustments on the front end this morning, I found several things wrong that could be adding up to making it do the death wobble (it only did it once). Steering box not centered, too much toe in, steering box adjustment a bit loose, etc. I'll go for another drive today and see what happens.

As for being pleased with the car being just about ready to go...yeah, it's great! on the other hand, that means I have to actually drive it, and it's a bit scary to think about.

21. That thing came out bitchin! Have a safe trip!

chryslerfan55 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  22. GLASS BUCKEYE

GLASS BUCKEYE

A long time looker and lurker,I think a great time to jump in.....Jim,a great job by everyone involved.How about Fishy Fastback? On your way thru DFW, how about a 10 min ....call it a pit stop so guys and gals in area could meet you and car.An ETA at a exit would be great with a 1 hr or so warning.Spot on with the box centering and the toe ck.I wish you had time for a WOT 0-60 ft ck and a hard stop to ck handling.Travel safe and have a good time.

23. squirrel

squirrel

thanks!

Actually we are planning to stop in the Arlington area for the night, and pick up some parts Friday morning. more details as time goes on.

We've been packing stuff, that big trunk gets small quickly, and the springs get compressed.

chryslerfan55, Sancho, Hombre and 5 others like this.
  24. Stop off at the new Summit warehouse to stock up, good thinking. Sounds like the making of an impromptu parking lot car show.

squirrel likes this.
  25. Best of luck to you Jim. Have a great drag week. We will be cheering you and Brian on here in Pa. Your car will sure make a statement at drag week. Just wait till Friedburger gets a load of this machine. LOL. Be safe and have a blast.:)

OahuEli, chryslerfan55, enloe and 4 others like this.
  26. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

JIM GREAT JOB !!! now all you slackers, including me, GET YOUR ASS IN THE GARAGE! good luck! kick some butt!

27. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

Best of luck Jim...... Can not wait for the thread on the adventure there and back................

enloe and mad mikey like this.
  28. Hombre

Hombre

Jim, Man you have done one hell of a job on this car and I wish you all the luck with it. However you have left out an important element during this build. got to find a place for this yet... corvair music.jpg

kiwijeff, catdad49, OahuEli and 6 others like this.
  29. pumpman

pumpman

May the force be with you.

mad mikey, kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  30. I guess you'll be taking on Mike Finnegan's Blashpemi.

I'm amazed at how quickly this all came together. I was planning on being at Atlanta dragstrip to spectate but life got in the way. I'll be cheering you on from the internet

chryslerfan55 and mad mikey like this.