Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western MD Streetrod Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Boy Ted,{SIDEVALVE8ba} That goes way back. I helped put that event on. Those were the days of club sponsored games and events. {Wetter is Better} You had to drive through an obstacle course. First you stopped your car, and your wife or girlfriend hopped out and ran to a toilet seat. She had a cup and a tennis racket. There was a bucket of water, with a rope on a tall pole about 10' above her. She had to fill the cup with water. Also there's a hose to the bucket which had to be kept full. {my job}:rolleyes: Somebody had to do it! Long story short. The team with the best time and most water, WON. This was back in the day of bell bottoms, short sun dresses, and yes tee shirts too. No one cared who won. They just all cheered for tha Wettest young lady! Lol ;) Great memories. I'll bring my old photo allum this year to Cumberland. Ted, or anyone, stop by our campsite. We should have the HAMB banner too. Ron..

2. Sounds good, Ron! I'll be sure and look you up. :D By the way, that is on Labor Day weekend in case anyone wants to know.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Yup, coming up in 10 days, I'll be down there Thursday to set up my vendor space, many of the rodder/campers stay the whole week, Monday to Monday, so many will be there 4 days early. Hopefully the weather will be with us.

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Yes,l believe parachutes and cord was made there during the war.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

sidevalve8ba and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

What’s playing on the (display) screens,Bob? Always good movies scrolling when l pass by

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

How about "Christine Does Cumberland" A possessed 58 Plymouth winning the Jousting contest with no driver or passenger?

hrm2k and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. ^^^That's hilarious, Bob!!^^^:D:):D:)

hrm2k likes this.
  8. Most fun I ever had on a camode

9. doug3968

doug3968

10. doug3968

doug3968

pic is from about 1975, cliff in background is in WV. River is the Potomac and roundup is in MD. Echoing car sounds off the stone cliffs are like no other place. Guess it starts today, if you can only make it one day, Sunday is the day. Have stayed in Cumberland in the past and have also did it all in one day. Nice ride thru the mountains on I-68 or let the GPS have its way with you. Nice recollection of a time when clubs put on a rod run. Great place for kids and family. Hope to make it back someday.

11. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

Any of you guys go to the show today ? I was thinking about going down in the morning if the weather looks good.

12. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

here's a few from the fairground & Sat at the hotel lot

Attached Files:

13. 48stude

48stude

Thanks for the pics. I couldn't make it. Bill

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  14. Jibs

Jibs

15. I had a great time this year, as always. This years photos are still on my phone. So I'll have to look them up, and post them here. I just wanted to say { THANK's} to the Western Md. guys, for all their hard work. It's my favorite Hot Rod event of the year. It was nice to meet some HAMB'ers this year too. Ron....

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  18. I almost forgot. The Knuckle Dragger's won the coveted ( Butt darts award ) don't ask! :rolleyes: Congrat's Todd ! Lol IMG_20180902_015903.jpeg IMG_20180902_135857.jpeg IMG_3134.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    sidevalve8ba, hrm2k, VA HAMB and 3 others like this.
  19. Ron,
    We had a great time there. Good to see old friends and make new ones. The trip went well and my old truck made it both ways, there and back!

20. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Ron Funkhouser likes this.