Register now to get rid of these ads!

History After all these years it finally runs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Brenda's brother got this roadster pickup umpteen years ago but was finally able to drive it around the block, now all I have to do is convince him he would enjoy it much more if he hopped it up. :D HRP

22730260_1523455454405584_3361412131299597001_n.jpg

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Good for him!

osage orange and Deuces like this.
  3. I didn't realive just how small the roadster pickup's are, I can't get in it with the top up. HRP

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats to him - will save congrats to you when you can get in - Ha!

5. I'm 6'4" tall and unless he removes the top there ain't no way! :rolleyes: HRP

osage orange likes this.
  6. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

Great truck! I sure hope he just does a few simple mods and not the sbc route!

osage orange and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  7. I have a 27 RP and have the same issues. I learned to get in on the passenger side and slide across, seems to work better.
    The Wizzard

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. 54vicky

54vicky

you not being able to get in must have brought a cheer from brenda:D:Djust get him an industrial sized box of rubber bands it will fly

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. Problem is she would love to own it and I don't doubt one bit she will drive it soon. HRP

10. 54vicky

54vicky

I thought that would take the pressure off oh well better start looking at the new garage plans:eek:

11. I used to have a 28 rpu and I couldn't get in it because of the big steering wheel and the big seat, it was not because of my stomach.....;)

12. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Oh the things I could do with that!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Thought I was gonna open this thread to a video of firing the 50 ford up, however I was thinking it didnt look like it had been that long since it ran:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  14. That was what I wanted to post on the other thread but the camera died, hopefully I can post a short video of it running in the not to distant future. HRP

catdad49 and low budget like this.
  15. Danny, that is what the bed is for.....

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool little ride, All I can say is that if it took him 15 years to get that far he probably had best leave it stock and just drive it until his sister beats him out of it. From being just about that same length of time without a running fun car a running car is a running car is a running car, drive the wheels off it and have fun with it but don't tear it down until it breaks.

17. Have him bring it up my way:eek:. I just got back from the VA getting my knee shot up;). I can get in it now.:D

18. ladyhrp

ladyhrp

I love my brothers truck, we need another roadster.

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

So Danny wasn't listening and bought the coupe? 50 lashes with a wet noodle for him!:D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  20. Can you just leave him alone ?

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. The37Kid

The37Kid

Nice RPU, They all looked like that back in the 1960's good solid project. Bob

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Henry has so many irons in the fire he rarely has time to work on the pickup, he owns a heating & air business and he works along side his employees doing installations, he and his wife are both into horses & camping and to top it off he sold his house yesterday and will be building a new one.

He will be loosing his garage when he has to be out of the house and I may end up storing the truck for him. HRP

23. indyjps

indyjps

Hmm, while its in storage some hop up parts could magically get installed.

chevy57dude and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  24. Yeah, you could ''tighten the bolts'' for him. Maybe tune it up a bit haha.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.