Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pics of our new shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PorkChop, May 18, 2006.

1. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

First pic is about the front half of the shop while we were still wiring up the new lights.. 9 8' high output commercial flourescents..its like a dentists office in there now..finally.

Attached Files:

2. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Outside looking in...:

Attached Files:

3. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

AS we were pressure washing the nasty ass floors...:

Attached Files:

4. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

How we hung and connected the lights.. braided cable.. eye hooks..and conduit.:

Attached Files:

5. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Framing the workbench, breaker area..and one of the old lights from west 6th street that MJ scored..cool old piece..

anyway..

Attached Files:

6. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

The shop is about 1800 sqft, big ass compressor in a shed next to it.. shop is plumbed for air...and now its well lit..

finally a "proper" place to work on our shit..

later.
    Gable

7. geemann51

geemann51

Looks Great! Don't forget a lot of locks on the door and a 180 lb puppy named "Prescious"... Just good sense.

8. extremist

extremist

Looks good Gable. Is it your business, or your personal workshop?
    Needs a keg in the middle with Austin HAMBers around it.

9. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

We welded some BURLY chain in and have some monster locks..

the best part is the owner and his son live RIGHT behind it, and its through a locked gate to get to it.. very secure..

I am thinking about getting another Chihuahua, think that would work? :D

Gable

10. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Purely for pleasure...just 4 dudes.. building their shit..

there will be a bbq or something once we are all settled in and shit.. we even got a covered area outside.. and IM draggin down a picnic table and bbq pit.. you know.. SHOP ESSENTIALS...:D

we're all very excited to get a place.. it took us awhile to find one.. but it all worked out.

Gable

11. Eryk

Eryk

Man that's nice. Ever think about opening up a business, or are you guys just gonna keep it all to yourselves? Congrats. I wish I had a place like that to work on my cars.

12. haring

haring

Nice.

What are the dimensions? It looks huge.

I still need to install more lights. My place is a cave, and I needed a reminder, so thanks.

13. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Yeah its just us...4 dudes...workin on shit..

Haring.. the lighting is SO FUCKING NICE>. jeezus christ.. I love it.. and we are not even done..

I should give props to MJ.. that dude is so anal the lights and workbenches are level as fuck..tough as nails.. rad.

Gable

14. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

The shop is about 30X60. It seems huge, and we are building a loft/storage area above where the fridge and first bench are. It even came with two kick ass tiki masks(which Gable did not post the pics of!), a huge compressor (outside), and air plumbing inside. Oh yeah, the fridge was free too! It also came with a janky-ass paint booth inside of it, which me and Outlaw promptly removed with a chain and his truck! We have probably removed 200 yards of wasted romex and lights draped through the ceiling (who needs conduit, right?), and years of stuff left in the fridge (baby formula anyone?). It's going to be killer when it's up and running though. Always ask questions! You never know--it may be for rent.

:D

15. PorkChop

PorkChop
    from Austin

Jeez.. here they are... I didnt get pics of the compressor.. whatever.. its big and loud..what else do you need to know.

Attached Files:

16. I once had a Chihuahua that killed a pit bull.....

Yeah, he got lodged in the pit bull's thoat and choked him.

17. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Looks killer guys. Sorry I haven't got a chance to come see it in person. keep up the good work!

starting to look like a hot rod shop. now all you need is 3 to 4 years of "spare parts" laying around!

18. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

NIce shop. damn the pressure washing sucks doesnt it. Took us 3 days to get thr floors so I could actually tel if it was concrete. There was a machine shop in my space for 10 years before me.
    Landlord said they usually just dumped shit on the floor and THEN cleaned it up.
    naaaaasssstttyyyy