Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 8/24/18 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Aug 23, 2018.

1. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

OT I know, but it's the only new work I have and with the end of Summer coming soon, I thought it would be OK. Colorized and digitally painted from a black and white photo, also a background change.

Summer Of My Youth.jpg

2. Bob.. worry not. Way 'cool' for Friday..

180824SectPont'48.jpg

Sneaky Silver Streak

Acrylic on canvas..+..

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    David Gersic, Lepus, pwschuh and 32 others like this.
  3. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

New tee design.....
    main streeters.jpg

David Gersic, Lepus, pwschuh and 27 others like this.

4. Been a couple weeks since I posted.
    I’m half tempted to tell all about the insane events that I experienced last Friday. So, for the curious...
    In short, It all began and ended at an AirBnB.
    My adult children were convinced the host and co-host, the later a self professed ex-con, not that I’m judging, were going to snuff us in our sleep. Followed with and a guy scrubbing the carpet in a room, with a “hatchet” mark in the wall, caused when the Co-Host’s son, “Threw a hatchet at him the night before”. The same room where a woman fell and hit here head but wasn’t discovered in time to get her help a short time prior, succumbing to her injury.
    I held no suspicions even though the bathroom wall were being replaced after a plumbing incident and the carpet scrubbing... Then, later in the evening, there was the very large guy discussing the TV show, “Dexter” with an unseen person...
    We left.

So... Happy Friday! Here’s my offering for the week, art for a tattoo for a client!
    Indy_Car_Tattoo_wip_4web.jpg
    Indy_Car_Tatto_4web_wFlesh_a.jpg

Indy_Car_Tattoo_Version_2_4web.jpg

And some repops.

41_Ford_Sportsman_02a_4web.jpg

50_Chevy_Lakester_4web.jpg

WHAT-ADRAG-02.jpg

A_Drag_001_4web.jpg

David Gersic, Lepus, pwschuh and 38 others like this.
  5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like Happy Fridays are better than Happy...:confused:...Holidays...glad you lived to tell the story...;)...It's very fitting the art you've chosen to post...:rolleyes:...get the heck going quick like..the heck away from there...:D

traffic61, Sancho, Deuces and 4 others like this.
  6. Frogz

Frogz

7. Here's a quick rough one. Untitled211.png

Lepus, JimC, Speedys Garage and 23 others like this.
  8. mark schanfeldt

mark schanfeldt

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I don't run this place... but it looks OK to me.

10. jnaki

jnaki

End of Summer blues (green): SURF TRANSPORTATION 1960-62

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vintage-surf-transportation.326942/page-5#post-12160582

upload_2018-8-24_3-58-44.png
    Even if it did not go fast, it would at least, look fast.

Hello,

In late 1961, when my brother was recovering from his 3rd degree burns, thoughts of rebuilding another hot rod/drag racer came up, over and over. He was thinking that it would be a good way to cope with the accident and recovery. He was doing fairly well on the mend, and it was something to get his mind off of the injuries. He was in a quandary. The burns did a number on his hands and arms, so, intricate stuff was out. But, he still wanted to do something mechanical.

One of his high school friends not involved in drag racing or hot rods came by and talked about surfing. My brother had surfed before, but with the hot rod/drag racing bug biting from early on, surfing took a back seat. At this time, surfing was new to me, too.

The conversation did something to alter my brother’s outlook on life in general. He now wanted to get a surf wagon to go to hidden places to catch some pristine waves. Drag racing was intense, surfing was mellow and was a good way to meld into life.

Most of his friends that surfed, had VW Vans and station wagons of all kinds. He did not want a station wagon and was favoring a VW van. But, seeing some of those vans/station wagons bumping over ruts and deep channels on dirt roads leading to secret surf spots in Baja and elsewhere, he wanted something different.

Jnaki

Well, he got something different, A Willys Jeep FC. Immediately, I proposed that we paint it and put some flames or scallops on it to get it looking a little better. He was contemplating that idea as he liked scallops and flames, too.

He even said I was getting better at drawing flames and scallops on model cars and drawings. That thing did not fit into our hot rod scene and certainly was not very fast. It was a real plodder, a short range driver with one, long 200 mile trip and it was worn out.

Update: But, after several local surf trips, he sold the FC and got a VW van. This new/old van was still extremely slow and another plodder. But for him, the old saying goes, “It is not the destination, but the journey.”)

At this time period, it was hard to drive around in the fast 58 Chevy Impala, then switch to this plodder of a vehicle to go surfing. For me, it was both, the destination and the journey !!!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

DSC_0027.JPG 57 Corvette-Bob...You started this! There IS a Hot Rod present...AND, they had Toasted Almond! (Feelin like end of Summer in Brrmont!)

Beautiful work Gentlemen!

JimC, Speedys Garage, Stogy and 14 others like this.
  13. Good morning and thank you, gentlemen! :)

Stogy, robber, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.
  14. georgeg

georgeg
    from Il

love this old truck. DSC_3334-Recovered.jpg

AVater, JimC, Speedys Garage and 16 others like this.
  15. The Gulf Station looks like one I have photographed many times in PA.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, Frogz and Deuces like this.
  16. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Good humor never off topic!

Shutter Speed, Stogy, robber and 4 others like this.
  17. Frogz

Frogz

Congrats FortyNiner, it's exactly this one. I really dig this Art Déco station.

18. There seems to be a bit of an ice cream theme going on here:D...Here's one I did a while back.

95.jpg

David Gersic, AVater, JimC and 19 others like this.
  19. MrExcite

MrExcite

Coming Soon in 2019 . . .

39121881_10212332541250294_795649825524678656_n.jpg

20. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

21. Haven't made any signs in a while. Donated these as raffle prizes for a Tri-5 Chevy show in Issaquah, WA last weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. ...nice show guys,...been busy lately, here's a few I got done...
    woodart 2018 031.jpg woodart 2018 032.jpg woodart 2018 033.jpg woodart 2018 034.jpg woodart 2018 029.jpg woodart 2018 036.jpg

23. Special order, 1/4-20 x 2" stud.

Long stud eyeball.JPG

24. Not sure if I posted this before.
    IMG_3112.JPG

charleyw, Lepus, Animal and 17 others like this.
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Let's see what I gotz here..... corvette-stingray-drawing-1.jpg 62-corvette-tim-dangaran.jpg corvette-stingray-drawing-51 (1).jpg 1960-corvette-jack-pumphrey.jpg
    Found these on the net.....

Ron Funkhouser, Animal, JimC and 17 others like this.
  26. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Way cool ...............

robber, Deuces, Shutter Speed and 2 others like this.
  27. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Doesn't look off topic to me Bob. Great work as usual. Thanks to you & the other artists for making my Fridays something to look forward to.