Register now to get rid of these ads!

homemade fan shrouds lets see them/info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

2. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

With the arrival of Hot weather, I figured I would bump this one up....

3. dkendall

dkendall
    Member Emeritus

Built mine in two pieces top and bottom so fan or waterpump can be removed if necessary.

Attached Files:

4. refyred

refyred
    from so. nevada

I used 22ga sheet and a couple hoops of cold rolled with a MRK VIII fan

Wally

Attached Files:

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Some very nice shrouds shown. Here is one I did for an OT Nova. I made a frame with some scrap wood and foam board. I covered the frame with some plastic wrap) to keep the resin from soaking into the frame), then stretched a piece of cloth over the form and tacked in in place making sure it is pulled tight. I brushed the cloth with fiberglass resin. Once it was dry, I removed it from the form, trimmed it, then laid up several more layers of fiberglass cloth. This method would work to build interior panels, and many other thing.

Attached Files:

6. Oldie/goodie.

7. 48stude

48stude

Here is mine that I made for my avatar . Made out of flat sheet bent up on a brake and embossed on an ewheel.. Bill
    upload_2017-6-6_7-16-50.png

Dave Mc likes this.
  8. IMG_0179.JPG

fiberglass over fabric stretched over a foam buck - nothing fancy but it works Shroud of Touring.JPG
    Used existing rad mounting bolts and made some angle brackets for mounting

9. The is the fiberglass one I made for the Mysterion project. I used a sprint car radiator, 16" fan. Since it is located under an interior panel, virtually no room.

radiator fan shruod 2.JPG radiator fan shruod 3.JPG radiator fan shruod 4.JPG P1010587.JPG radiator fan shroud 8.JPG

'49 Ford Coupe, Fern 54 and LONG like this.
  10. LBCD

LBCD

Just a simple aluminum shroud but it works great.[​IMG][​IMG]

Baron, Dave Mc and Fern 54 like this.
  11. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

12. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Alfin,
    Please show us more pictures and tell us how you made that amazing shroud!
    NRM

13. When & if it gets Warm or Hot again I will think about getting
    a Shroud until than I will Drive the Car.!

just my 3.5 cents

Live Learn & Die a Fool

14. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Unfortunately, I don't have any construction photos. I have to admit that I got the idea from a thread here on the HAMB, from a guy who was re-doing an Orange '32 5W for a customer, and he used an aluminum cake pan. So i went to a bakery supply company, bought a sheet cake pan, and gave it to Ron Gagnon at New England Rod Shop, and said, 'make a fan shroud'. He cut it down the middle, and used a lot of rivets to match the theme of the car, and it came out great. And it works, too! I had it powdercoated wrinkle finish gray, but have since painted it matte black to disappear little.
    IMG_1862.JPG

Baron, Dave Mc, robber grin and 3 others like this.
  15. Ron at New England Rod Shop in Bedford NH made one for my 33 Chevy out of an aluminum cake pan. It made a big difference in the temp when stuck in traffic. DSC02317.JPG

16. PetesPonies

PetesPonies
    from Maryland

Im ready to build one for a Ford pickup with 240/300. Shrouds either are not available at all or are scare in many of the applications. I think I'm going fiberglass, want it to look stock. But I must say, the cake pan is a great idea if that shape works for you :)

17. Hi! I very much like your Hemi valve Cover. Who is a the Manufactur of these Valve Covers? An do they make them for 1953-1957 241 ,270 , 315, & 325
    Baby Dodge Hemi's? I'm Building a all
    Steel 1933 Ford 3-W Coupe. I'd luv to have Edmunds Valve Covers or Mickey
    Thompson's Both Very Rare & Expensive! Thanks & Regrds Respectfully Dereald Millsap S.S.,Tx. BigDTexasKid (903) 952-1933.

18. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great thread , great work.

19. grimmfalcon138

grimmfalcon138
    from az

Here is mine. 1/4" rod frame, with a old tee shirt stretched over it and fiberglass resin. 20160323_205323.jpg 20160323_143808.jpg 20160319_184840.jpg

Dave Mc and robber grin like this.
  20. O'brien Truckers
    https://www.obrientruckers.com/ecom/product_images/241/2373/#ProductImages

21. KustomKreeps

KustomKreeps

O'brien Truckers are great to deal with highly recommend.

Im currently messing about in Solidworks designing up a shroud to get cut.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Still need to add the central division bar to separate the fans, mounts and further corner bracing.

22. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

Here is a fiberglass one that I made for a 34 Ford. The two halves interlock with a tongue and groove on each side. I made it to enable the shroud to be installed or removed without removing the fan.

John

IMG_5363.JPG

olscrounger, Dave Mc and robber grin like this.
  23. Joe H

Joe H

Here is mine, hammered and bent sheet metal. I installed A/C so I wanted the biggest fan I could fit, 18", thats why the shroud is wider then the radiator.

Attached Files:

Dave Mc likes this.
  24. Stan Back

Stan Back
    from California

I'm not much of a fabricator (except while talking), but $3 in the junkyard got me this Toyota pickup steel shroud for my Plymouth that's done the job for years (cut to fit if you must).
    Fan Shroud.JPG

bobss396 and Dave Mc like this.
  25. I made one for the Mysterion reproduction from 1" foam board I got from Home Depot and fiberglass. Adapted a 16" fan to a small midget racer radiator. P1010587.JPG
    radiator fan shruod 1.JPG radiator fan shruod 2.JPG radiator fan shruod 3.JPG radiator fan shruod 4.JPG radiator fan shruod 5.JPG radiator fan shruod 6.JPG radiator fan shroud 8.JPG

Dave Mc likes this.