Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The H.A.M.B. in Retrospect

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 47streetrodder, Aug 19, 2018.

1. 47streetrodder

47streetrodder

Just thinking how all the tech articles and Rods in progress that appear in the HAMB remind me so much of the old shop tour articles that used to appear in the Rod Magazines around 1971 when I was in high school and decided that I liked Old Tin better than the Muscle Cars. The rodding community is very fortunate to have a medium like the H.A.M.B. to share all the great information that the members are willing to post. My technical knowledge has jumped by leaps and bounds by just reading these posts. When I think of how technical ideas for parts swapping, metal working and hop ups must have been limited to your local community n the old days, I can see how lucky we are to have this source. Reading some of these posts makes me feel like I'm there, drinking a beer in somebodies garage while we discuss his work and listen to what the next step is. Thanks again to the H.A.M.B. and all of it's contributors.

alanp561, HemiDeuce, TagMan and 34 others like this.
  2. Yes, It's good to hang out in Ryan's shop. Best damn garage, anywhere.

czuch, Just Gary, bowie and 1 other person like this.
  3. Well said, indeed!

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Refreshing take...and true. Thank you.

5. Well said indeed.Nothing else like the HAMB.

6. goldmountain

goldmountain

This is a great resource if you can sift out bad advice from the good stuff.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

swade41 and scrap metal 48 like this.
  7. I built my 40 Ford with most of the info coming from here. And, I was inspired to build it from being on here, so it was doubley helpful!

8. wsdad

wsdad

I know it's not the HAMB's fault, but it sure would be great if all the lost pictures could be restored somehow.

Most of the thereads, that contain information you just can't get anywhere else, are useless without pictures.

For instance, the photoshop thread, all the build threads, most of the how to / tech theads, and many more.

I don't know if it's technically of feasibly possible to restore all the lost pictures or not but man, wouldn't it be great!

Chili Phil likes this.
  9. Arominus

Arominus

You can thank photobucket for that, they decided that you needed to pay to host pictures as a user at a rather high price. The HAMB is far from the only car site to suffer at the hands of Photobuckets decision.

Those pictures are not coming back :p

swade41 and 54vicky like this.
  10. Yes and no Photobucket restored all the pictures after all the bad PR but many removed their pictures from Photobucket when they tried to screw everyone so they are no longer there for the links to work.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I like the snark, and the camaraderie.
    The advise, the friendly banter and helpful nature is unparalleled.
    Ryan has a damn good shop.

scott27 likes this.
  12. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I was making money writing How-To articles for Rod Mags, until the HAMB came along... but I use it now for my stuff,, so thanks to the unpaid tech artists!

jnaki and czuch like this.
  13. 54vicky

54vicky

you need to open a trust fund for all the peoples who you used info for your articles.a smart lawyer would sue for theft of intellectual property.:D:D:D

14. pumpman

pumpman

When my old knee's are in need of a break nothin like strapping into my barco lounger with a coffee or a cold beverage. Seeing what the guys are doing at Ryans' garage and what kind of trouble they're getting into. When I hit a dead end on a project I know where to find the answer, get a good laugh, or just burn some time.

Sorta miss the days when I first came on board, I'd get the sweats when I would post hoping I wouldn't get flamed. Rayn sure had his hands full keeping the gang under control.

Thanks Ryan for the memories and all of the fun stuff to come.