Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stromberg 3x2 isle mixtur adjustment hemi

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kevin31, Aug 18, 2018.

1. kevin31

kevin31
    from ottawa

I have a newly assembled stromberg setup on my 345 desoto that seems to run and idle great but have a feeling it’s running more rich at idle than it needs to. Carbs are all still stock jets and power valves and mixture screws are out 1-1/2 turns, was going to start adjusting the mixture screws when I realized I do t have any vacuum ports installed on my intake, any ideas on how to finely tune these without a vacuum source, I know the easy answer would be to just install a vacuum fitting, but any other ways to go about this or do I just leave it alone, it’s not fouling plugs and it seems to run great but I don’t know if it could be better. It’s got a pretty lumpy cam in it so not sure how cell the vacuum gauge will read anyway

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. kevin31

kevin31
    from ottawa

[[​IMG]

3. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I believe the front and rear carbs do not use the idle circut, only the center carb. At least with the Rochester 2gc. Is the linkage progressive?

4. kevin31

kevin31
    from ottawa

Should have mentioned it’s a straight linkage