Register now to get rid of these ads!

help pricing 1957 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Epdeagle, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epdeagle

Epdeagle

I have it listed. But unsure what its worth. Some people say its semi rare?? dont no
    help help

2. About 8 cents per pound at the scrapper's scales.

lurker mick likes this.
  3. squirrel

squirrel

Rare and valuable are not always the same thing. They're rare because folks don't really want them, as much as the 2 doors, so most of them got scrapped.

might want to post a picture or two that shows the whole car, instead of just pieces of it.

lothiandon1940 and Old wolf like this.
  4. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

100$ if it is close. Kind of a wasted post if no info is given.

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

6. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Dan,
    Your Haggerty numbers are for convertibles…..

Everyone is going to have a much different opinion on your car being a 4 door hardtop project - but in the condition it is in...….to me you have one zero too many.
    Just my opinion.... to the right guy....
    $ 3,500 very tops if your lucky.

scotty t, Stogy, egads and 4 others like this.
  7. You have been watching too much Barrett-Jackson, there are several extremely nice running and driving 1957 Chevys listed that need nothing except a new owner for what you are asking for a 4 door basket case. HRP

swade41 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. It’s a 4 door
    But it’s a hardtop 4 door
    But it’s in pieces
    But runs
    But it’s got rot in the usual places
    But it’s a 57 Chevy
    But it’s a half torn apart project.

Lots of pluses and minuses.
    Over all a good starting point for s project it seems.

Don’t want to be insulting but at $35,000 your buying a turn key CLEAN 57 Chevy.

For a 4 door project ....... I would start at $5500 maybe 7 grand if you have time to wait for “ the right guy”

It will sell at a starting price of five thousand, five hundred dollars
    No ware close no way no how will it sell for thirty five thousand dollars....... that’s Elvis Presley shitted underware prices !!!

31hotrodguy and RMONTY like this.
  9. 1934coupe

1934coupe

His first post for a 57 4dr. hdtp. $35000. I think decimal in wrong place. Think there is phishing going on.

Pat

X38 and flatford39 like this.
  10. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Enough doors for two cars!

scotty t and flatford39 like this.
  11. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Dan, Chevrolet built 137,672 of that body style. Shape yours is in, you're about $33,000 high ...

scotty t likes this.
  12. I owned a pair of those 4 dr htps. one was rusted at the door pillar and if you wanted you could have torn the rear doors & pillar off by hand. The other was a solid body. No engines or trans . I sold the pair for $1400.00 and was happy to get that much.

mr57 and 56shoebox like this.
  13. Slopok

Slopok

List it for $147,000 and stay by the phone, then when you get your first call come down to $35,000 to be fair and the person will be glad that you discounted it $112,000.:rolleyes:

283john likes this.
  14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

what part of the Country are you located in? do an ad search here, craigslist, etc to see what is out there in similar condition

15. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Around here ,if it will not start and drive I would price it at $2500 and probably take less. I assume the floors and braces are rusted with holes . The trim that I see is not nice enough to sell ,just my opinion folks and I have a 57 chevy.

16. squirrel

squirrel

If you were to spend $35,000 fixing it up, you could probably sell it for $25,000

scotty t, slowmotion, H380 and 6 others like this.
  17. What's with the latest rash of newcomers wanting the HAMB to price their cars and parts for them?
    I can't believe its our job or purpose to sell somebodies car for them.

Mick

bobss396, belair, chevy57dude and 2 others like this.
  18. banditomerc

banditomerc

I agree ,it's worth maybe 2500....stop watching Mecum...educate yourself on ur car...

flatford39 likes this.
  19. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

20. What I have learned about disassembled projects is those who want them have very little money. And those who have deep pockets full of money don't want them.

Hollywood-East and chevy57dude like this.
  21. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I've owned and still own a tri five Chevy, if you get offered $5000, take it. Granted the 4 door hardtop is mote desire able then the sedan, it is still a 4 door. I'm guessing you will be more likely to get around $3000 for it.

31hotrodguy and egads like this.
  22. $3000 is about right for that car, me personally you could drop it off at my house and give me $100 and I'd be happy with it.

23. Squablow

Squablow

I'd need more details, but if you had good pictures of it (not the piecemeal stuff that's there now) and you had it in one piece mostly, so a potential buyer could see what they're getting and not have to make 2 hauling trips), I could see that car being worth $5K. But presentation is everything when you're selling on the internet.

My dad has a very clean '57 210 2 door hardtop (also a relatively rare model, but still, plenty are out there) and he'd sell it for a good bit less than your asking price, here's a pic right before I put the front bumper back on. And this is a drive-it-home, finished car.

IMG_4384.JPG

24. Yep. Here’s your realistic range, (the last one is restored)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

But I will bet both my testicles that you read two responses, clicked the “back” button and plan not to return. (Hopefully I’m wrong, if you ARE interested the least in old cars this is the site to learn about them)

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

31hotrodguy, X38 and Baumi like this.
  25. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought a nice 57 BelAir sport sedan in about 1980 or so for less than $1000, nice body, power pack, good driver, my daughter needed a car with an automatic transmission, after she healed up I sold it for about what I had paid for it, the new owner wanted a two door hardtop but even in the mid 80's they were more pricey. He spent $10K going through everything and then painted it the color he had in the 60's. He's gone, the cars gone but I have no idea what it brought. Price does have a decimal in the wrong place.

26. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Man, I don't know where you are, but you are getting some real high-quality drugs out there.

Jeff Norwell and B Bay Barn like this.
  27. Drop one zero and you'll still have fun trying to sell it.

28. ...of course the wheels you have on it do command a premium.

29. 19Fordy

19Fordy

You will be lucky to sell that car for anything above $$3500 as
    there are lots of restored Chevy's like that for sale. Right now it's a parts car.
    Anyone who knows about market value realizes that it will cost more to
    restore that car than it will ever be worth. Should have been a 2 door.
    Price it low and let it go.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.