Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Superior Car Parts Inc top irons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by layenbodyon22s, Apr 18, 2017.

1. layenbodyon22s

layenbodyon22s

Does anybody know this gentleman Craig Madison. He took a deposit from me almost a year ago for a set of 35 Roadster top irons still has not produced them and barely answers his phone. I have no problem continuing to wait if they will be produced but if people know otherwise please let me know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Lost in the Fifties

Lost in the Fifties

They have a Facebook page. That might be a good (public) place to contact him.

3. layenbodyon22s

layenbodyon22s

I commented on a pic but you can't post on the wall

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

maybe someone in/near Mokena, Illinois - 18801 S Wolfroad - could stop by and check for you

stanlow69 likes this.

5. layenbodyon22s

layenbodyon22s

6. 34V8

34V8

I met him and his wife a year ago at the Grand National Roadster Show in Pomona. They had a booth. Seemed like very nice folks. I purchased a set of top irons for a 35 Cabriolet a few years ago, and they arrived several months later. The workmanship is excellent, but they shipped the wrong tie downs. I sent those back last August, and I'm still waiting on the replacements. I am going to the show again this year, which is starting in about 3 hours, and I will look to see if they are there again this year. I'll let you know this evening if he was there.

oj likes this.
  7. FASI

FASI

The top irons were originally made by Girtz Industries in Indiana. Their employee, Ron ??????, branched off and was doing them. He was a good man. Call Girtz 844-464-4789 and try to track Ron down. He maybe sold to Graig or works with him. Might be able to help.

8. Fordors

Fordors

The website says the business was purchased from Girtz. I think Craig, the guy you referred to, may have sold it to a third party, but I may be wrong about that.
    I’ll try to get over there tomorrow and check it out to see if it is a viable business, or maybe they folded their tent.

9. 34V8

34V8

Here's what I have been able to learn about Superior Car Parts. The guy's name is Craig Matteson, and he moved the business within the past 2 years to 885 Lambrecht Drive, Suite 5, Frankfort IL 60423. They were a no-show this year at the Grand National Show in Pomona 2 weeks ago. Their webpage is a few years out of date, they no longer return messages left on their phone, or emails, and most telling perhaps, earlier this week I contacted an employee of a business that is next to the address above, and they said there is never any evidence of business activity at that location. Decide for yourselves, but I conclude they went under.

10. Aces Wild

Aces Wild

11. Aces Wild

Aces Wild

Good Day to all ... this is Craig Matteson ... I am the owner of SCPI and have been for the last 10 years. We are in business and although we have had a rough go the last two years, we are still here and are slowly starting to produce and start to ship again. Ron Grace has had to medically retire and so we have had to move things a couple of time and get resituated. He is helping to make sure the tradition of top frames remain the same. All orders will be honored. My direct email is [email protected] and I can be reached directly at 630-514-0549.

12. Aces Wild

Aces Wild

Good Morning ... I have your hold downs ... we are back up n running should get a new set to you in a couple of weks.

13. 34V8

34V8

Craig, if you really are still in business, I am still waiting on my stainless steel tie downs for my '34 Ford Cabriolet. I sent the incorrect ones to you last year. I have the mail receipt for that shipment. Jerry.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

so what is your lame excuse for not refunding peoples money or answering the phone?

15. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

16. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Another great thing about the hamb. Looking out for each other and giving potential customers pause for thought.:):cool:

17. 34V8

34V8

Craig, do you have the hold downs or not? Jerry.

18. sling392shot

sling392shot

Jerry, Straight up Craig Matteson is a liar. He owes me the amount I told you when I messaged you a while back. I paid for everything in full and only received a few hundred in parts. It's not about the money with me, I needed the parts for my roadster. I can verify everything, I say the guys a dud.

Stay clear of that guy... Karma is a bitch.

19. 34V8

34V8

It puzzles me why anyone can do stuff like that, but I'm sure you are right. Keep up on what Karl Wescott is doing wrt fabricating 34 roadster top irons. He might be the place to get them before long if he carries through. Have you advertised to see if anyone has a set of original or reproduction top irons that they did not use? I hope you come up with a set somehow. It must really be frustrating to not know where to go to get something that important for the car.

20. 34V8

34V8

Craig, it's now been two years since I sent you the incorrect hold downs for my 34 Ford Cabriolet. Are you going to send the replacements (as promised), or not?