Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Most of the time it is!!!!!

madfish, Peanut 1959 and verde742 like this.
    madfish likes this.
  3. That looks awesome, clean, simple, mean especially with the hood straps.

madfish and 509garyd like this.
  4. nivlek

nivlek
    from Australia

Here is my failed attempt at doing my car in photo shop. But at least it gave me the concept

upload_2018-8-15_17-42-10.jpg

Could I please ask if someone could do the moroon colour, in this colour

And the cream colour in this colour

Could you please put an inch wide chrome strip, where the colours join
    upload_2018-8-15_17-42-10.jpg upload_2018-8-15_17-42-10.jpg HG-wagon3.jpg HG-wagon3.jpg

Thanking you in advance

LeoH and 509garyd like this.
  5. Holden custom.jpg

kiwijeff, OahuEli, madfish and 2 others like this.
  6. nivlek

nivlek
    from Australia

The Moose,
    I'm in total aw of your talents.
    Thank you

in your opinion, could you suggest a different cream colour to merge better with the moroon ??

509garyd and themoose like this.
  7. verde742

verde742

In my Opinion: the colors are good together,
    But start at top of front fender, proceed back, almost to rear wheel opening, and make a big loop, leaving a space between bottom of car and bottom of loop, very similar to '60's Corvettes. dividing colors ? No ?

8. nivlek

nivlek
    from Australia

Verde742,
    I'm old school and like the two tone. This sweeping shape is what I thought looked good......but alas, my tastes are not always correct.
    Yes, I know the style of the corvette, but I didn't want to copy it. So I came up with my own

When people see it, they say Starsky and Hutch......and I say no.......

I also like the cream and maroon colours together......but as said, maybe my taste can be swayed to look better with a different cream colour

Kel

9. verde742

verde742

have Moose try the Loop,
    He's good !!!

10. madfish

madfish

@niviek

The simplest thing to do would be to do away with the V shape and make a straight line to the rear of the car.

bi color.jpg

kiwijeff, slv63, OahuEli and 5 others like this.
  11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

I think this could look a LITTLE bit better with slightly smaller diameter wheels and taller sidewall on the tires. yes/no??
    You really did do a fantastic job on this and took this car to another level. kudos!

And Jaw22w I sure would like to see you do this to your car. I'd be watching that thread!!

509garyd likes this.
  12. nivlek

nivlek
    from Australia

Madfish
    You are correct. that does look much better

Thank you
    Kel

13. upload_2018-8-16_10-12-2.jpeg
    upload_2018-8-16_10-12-39.jpeg
    Can someone change the roof to a medium red, and gussy up the wheels also. It might also have had the stripe along the side red also. My go-to guy across the street had one of these thirty years ago and sold and has regretted it ever since. His dad bought it new and he honestly doesn't have a good picture of it.

509garyd and LeoH like this.

14. 1.jpg

kiwijeff and madfish like this.
  15. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Half Dodge...Half Plymouth...........Oh Canada!

Peanut 1959 and themoose like this.
  16. Apparently the stripe on the side was anodized aluminum, like a 57 Bel Air. Looks real good though.

themoose likes this.
  17. southerncad

southerncad

Wow, that looks great, all it needs is a little altitude adjustment!

18. Well, I've done gone and bought myself this '31 Model A Town Sedan. Naturally, I can't leave well enough alone and have to mess with it. I'll be putting in a dropped axle, T rear spring, '35 16 inch wires, a bit of a rubber rake and a dropped headlight bar. The thing I can't decide and haven't found too many pics to help me is if I should stick with tried and true black walls or, since it's a fancy schmancy town sedan, if white walls would look better. Hard for me to envision with it lowered down and a little rake which would fit the look of the car better. I plan on doing the new 16 inch wheels in the same straw color. I'd love it if someone could lower this thing down, put the 16's and the dropped headlight bar on and let me see it with black walls vs white walls. .....I wouldn't mind seeing a 32 grille shell on it, too. Thanks guys!!

IMG_6696.JPG IMG_6695.JPG

Here's the over all look I'm going for basically and the car that kind of inspired me to buy this thing in the first place...even though it's a 4dr instead of a tudor (I actually like the looks of the 4dr and even dig the colors). LOL
    AA-Cover_Final_art_with_spine_large.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    kiwijeff likes this.
  19. sliceddeuce

sliceddeuce

Re; `56 "tub"...another 12-18 inches of quarter panel length/ wheelbase w/ stock overhang and that wouldn`t be the most horrid thing I`ve seen

20. Here's a little adjustment 2.jpg ....

kiwijeff, slv63, verde742 and 2 others like this.
  21. southerncad

southerncad

509garyd and themoose like this.
  22. @drdave

My opinion,I like the black walls best...

a.jpg a2.jpg

23. That looks awesome, Moose, thanks!!! I’d agree with you, while I don’t hate the white walls, black walls do look better. Thanks for helping me see it!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kiwijeff and themoose like this.
  24. This looks great, Moose. Hate to be a pest but could you give it a try with the side flash in brushed aluminum?? :)

25. Yeah...No problem...

3.jpg

26. Thank you sir!!!

27. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

IMHO it looks better with it painted red than with the brushed aluminum!

southerncad, drdave and Hombre like this.
  28. flatout51

flatout51

I'm really racking my brain trying to choose wheel and tire combo for this shoebox. Wide whites dont look bad just thinking about something different. Could I see it with black walls and stock dog dish caps? Maybe some opinions would help? Thanks in advance guys! 20180531_130513.jpeg 20180531_125959.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

509garyd likes this.

29. caps.jpg

509garyd and flatout51 like this.
  30. madfish

madfish

@flatout51

Maybe part of the confusion is coming from the fact you haven't determined what look you want for your car. Wheels
    and hubcaps are a reflection of that. For example; Sleeper, stocker = small hubcaps. Competition = torque thrust, salt flats etc. Custom = chrome wheels, radirs etc.

Personally, I'd leave it like it is, go with the small hubcaps, throw a big ass motor in it then go hunting.

Here's some quick examples but I see Moose was up early and beat me to it... Bite me Moose.

FORD dog dish.jpg FORD Moon.jpg Ford Torque.jpg

themoose and Sancho like this.