Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just Joined with '54 Ford Customline

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MN_CorvairGuy, Aug 16, 2018.

1. New to the board and new to the '54 Ford Customline I just got 2 days ago.

I have done a restoration on a '66 Corvair Convertible about 3 years ago and now have a new project. Still deciding on what to do with the Ford, but ideas are:
    • 302 engine swap
    • Automatic trans (wife wants to drive it)
    • A/C
    • Convert to all 12 volt wiring
    • Maybe power steering
    • Maybe power brakes
    • new interior
    • probably new paint
    Looking around for parts availability and examples of folks who have done the engine and trans swap. I do lots of research and reading and I am willing to try anything.

37coupeute likes this.
  2. Jeff Bohmann

Jeff Bohmann

Rolling on the project yet?

3. My bad. Yeah I am. Haven’t been on the H.A.M.B. for a while so I missed the message.

Stripped right front fender, bumper pieces and right door. All those are at the blaster now. Kinda surprised at how many bolts there are holding it all together. I am used to the unibodies.

Looking for someone who might want my engine now before I scrap it.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

4. Jeff Bohmann

Jeff Bohmann

I’ve been off site for a while also. Was rolling pretty well on mine but kinda came to a halt. Work issues and the weather turning hot put a big slow down on progress.