Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The XO/PP Virginia HAMB Special Is Ready for Bonneville!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TomT, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome Work Team...may the Swirling Salty Air of Bonneville part for your pass through the envelope to Victory...Go Team 640 Go!!

2. Budget36

Budget36

This is why I love this site, I'm 15 hours away right now, but feel like I should be looking for shade and water.

3. New day, gentlemen!!! That means we get to try again!!

Whatever we failed at yesterday...land speed record, making the bed, spending time with kids/grandkids/friends, thanking Our Maker for the day...we get to try again today. Each day is a gift, we should make every effort to make this gift the best it can be!

As for 640 XO/PP...LET 'ER RIP, BOYS!!!!

I'm on the live audio as soon as someone queues me on the team status! Watching here until then...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  4. Go get 'em guys! I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed following along on this "journey". Wish I could have been there but this is almost as good. Good luck today!

chryslerfan55, oj, Stogy and 6 others like this.
  5. VeryTangled

VeryTangled
    from Outside DC

Hi Everyone, This is for anyone on the salt... Did y'all get the truck or any other vehicles sprayed with the stuff that prevents salt build-up?

Good luck today fellas!

6. In line on course 2 going for broke long line this morning. Should run within an hour or so wish us luck

Floater03, chryslerfan55, oj and 9 others like this.
  7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Good luck guys!!!!!

Stogy, loudbang and dirty old man like this.
  8. catdad49

catdad49

Best of Luck, you’ve made Us All Proud!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. They have about 5 cars in front of them now. Go 640 GO!

10. Run aborted. They are headed back to the pits. To check the motor.

11. What are the chances for another run?

Stogy, dirty old man and loudbang like this.
  12. Official report
    We were in line this morning ready to run and when we fired the engine for warm up we found smoke Comming from #4 cylinder.
    We must have hurt the engine on the last pass and had not fired it before this morning.
    This concludes our 2018 Bonneville attempt. However I am so very proud of our rookie year attempt hear at Bonneville. I am very proud of the crew and all they have done to make every effort to do everything possible to be successful.
    Now we start preparing for 2019.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  13. that stinks you couldn't get another run, but I can only imagine how it must feel to have built the truck and hauled it out the to actually run on the course, it must be awesome. I'll be out there to watch in person next year!

14. Great job guys! We are all proud of you!

15. Congrats to the whole 640 XO/PP team for their valiant efforts this year! It's been a long road and a ton of sweat to just get the truck TO Bonneville, much less actually RUN it ... MULTIPLE times. The fact that it made several runs is a testament to the teams hard work and dedication to strive for setting a record.

Now that the truck is built and the first year is over, you all have almost a year to refine/adjust/modify a race-proven truck! Take some time to soak it all in and refresh yourselves...you deserve it!!!

Be safe coming home!!!! Party at John's once y'all get back?!?!

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sounds like a win to me.
    No one got hurt and the truck is in one piece.
    It has to be tough to not be able to take advantage of good salt condition, Lord only knows what it will like next year.

17. ironrodder

ironrodder

Enjoyed your attempt and the efforts and sweat by all. Will make every effort to be there next year.

18. Chris L.

Chris L.

Been following this from the beginning and it is sad to see it come to an end (for this year, anyway). The entire group, starting with John and all the other contributors, are some of the most positive, kind, and encouraging people I've met. And that doesn't even start to talk about their mechanical skills. Thanks for taking us all along for the ride and Godspeed for the trip home!

19. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the thread; it was a great experience.

20. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You had the whole bunch of us ridin shotgun! Can't thank you enough for the ride, and takin the time to chat all the way!

21. A Seabee

A Seabee

My son and I made the road trip to Bonneville and saw the 640 run. Chatted with some of the team members and got a t-shirt. Congrats on an epic effort and accomplishment, it was really something else to witness and follow on the forum.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Floater03, MP&C, loudbang and 13 others like this.
  22. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

John,

Another thought is to check out the USFRA World of Speed in Sept. Less cars , same rules and record book , more runs .......Great people as well........

23. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great Effort Team 640...as others have said you done us Proud every step of the way. It's been an great Hamb experience.

Safe travels home and Thank you for every bit of it. It was accelerating...

24. John told me he was headed to New Mexico to visit some of his wife's family for a week or two...then he's headed home...either with or without the race truck/trailer............

Safe travels to ALL the 640 XO/PP team, whether its home (land or air) or to other destinations!!

MP&C, loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 4 others like this.
  25. went and checked out the picture on the Sports Illustrated site. Dam cool Pic. Bonneville.jpg

63fdsnr, Floater03, MP&C and 12 others like this.
  26. She's DEFINITELY photogenic!!!!

27. ken bogren

ken bogren

It's been fun to follow along with this thread, THANKS!

28. old flopper

old flopper

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^ Kind of took me back to early years traveling and racing eastern portion of US. Never got that far west though.

29. Congratulations are in order to all who have ben involved:cool:. Everyone be careful on the long trip home;). You made it there, ran the truck, and no one has been injured:D. Please attempt to keep it this way. Bless you all in your travels home.

MP&C, loudbang, chryslerfan55 and 2 others like this.