Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Another crash at car show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oilguy, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

its always funny til someone gets hurt.

blowby and Jalopy Joker like this.
  2. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Don't ya hate it when your cars upside down and on fire and yer injured and under arrest? I've never done anything stupid like that, well, except for that one time and that other time, but I served my time. Trust me, yer not old until you are 75..........

3. Alright I'll admit it! I've done stupid things with a car, (at 21) but I've never done stupid things of this magnitude! (at 53) Major difference between doing donuts in an empty country road intersection, (and ending up in the ditch) and hitting parked cars and ending up upside down in a "middle of the city" car cruise.

chryslerfan55 and Hnstray like this.
  4. Alaska Jim

Alaska Jim

Donald Duck has better taste than that.

5. I've done dumb things that have fortunately been limited to self-harm or to my vehicle... or both. If getting a car on the roof, injuring yourself and others isn't a wake up call, I don't know what is.

6. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Heck,i did the same thing when i was 5 or 6,i umped from a tree,wonder i wasnt killed,made me smile when i read that. Harvey

7. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

AMEN BROTHER!
    I refuse to watch that dangerous melodramatic BS. When one of those yahoos was at a race I was at he got his ass handed to him on the strip (Kilkare) by a pink Mustang. That DID make me smile a bit.

Deuces, chryslerfan55 and Oilguy like this.
  9. Rat.Patrol

Rat.Patrol

I live near there, this is the first I heard of it.

Stogy likes this.
  10. X-cpe

X-cpe

AMEN, brother

11. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones
    from Apopka FL.

" Growing old is mandatory , growing up is optional . "

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  12. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Being a Numbnuts is somewhere in between...

The updated news say one injured bystander remains in Hospital with serious injures.

lurker mick likes this.
  13. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I ain't just you!!

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  14. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

I read the story, I guess he was trying to race another car at the light. He blew the tires off it and went sideways. It said he was being held on $100,000 bond. What an idiot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

bobss396 and Deuces like this.
  15. Small dick moron.

Deuces likes this.
  16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Well it's not like he was training children to be school shooters or anything. Lock him up!

17. Hnstray likes this.
  18. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

How about 'no salary'..........probably won't be earning money while in lockup......may soon qualify for a court appointed defense.

Usually Public Defender positions are filled by freshly minted lawyers wanting to gain trial experience.......and the subsistence level income so they can eat Ramen Noodles regularly.

In any event, this case is a pretty powerful argument for 'thinking before you act'....for all of us! Very sad situation for all parties involved.

Ray

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    lurker mick likes this.
  19. From reading the article, it looks like a simple case of "he jumped on it and it got away from him". Hate to be the devil's advocate, but I'm guessing that this could have potentially happened to a lot of us during our lifetimes. In retrospect, I can see where I could have been in a similar situation more than once in my life. My only defense is that I was young and stupid but got smarter by the time I was his age.

20. EEZI

EEZI

As John Milner so wisely said long ago, " Yeah, he's fast......But stupid !" And the result is the same; a rolled '55.

badvolvo likes this.
  21. Wow is all I can say....... 1/4 million in finespossibly 15 years in the can..... wow! Not to mention any legal goings on the injured or town will toss at him.

Up here it’s not unusual if the fire dept , police etc have to come save your ass due to stupidity charge you for all expenses incurred also for any damages to public property.

I know a guy who got caught shooting out a glass bus shelter with s air gun and had to pay to have it fixed ( upwards of 20’000 bucks!!! )
    Sucks to be him but stupidity costs money

22. LAROKE

LAROKE

If you've seen his johnson, I wouldn't write about it here. Just sayin'

ZZLEGEND likes this.
  23. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let's be realistic. What're the odds this fella will EVER see or hear any of what we're talkin bout? ZIP!
    Could we make him an honorary HAMHEAD?

24. badvolvo

badvolvo

18 years old, I did shit like that. Fast forward another 40 years, I sure hope I'm a little wiser than that shit now. My cars are faster as well. Funny they don't seem to break down as much either.

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

swade41 and LAROKE like this.
  26. Justice costs money and the more justice you need, the more money it takes. If this guy has no support system he wont be out any time soon. It looks like this was not connected with the cruise event? Good for those who put the cruise on.

27. For real! wrong state?

Ben

28. RmK57

RmK57

Wonder if he has a wife and kids. Chances are the court would go a little easier on him if he is
    convicted and has no prior run ins with the law.

Screwing your whole life up because of one bad decision. It's too bad.

Stogy likes this.
  29. Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  30. zeph4057k

zeph4057k

if you are going to go through that much work, why not just make it a two door ? it's not that hard to do.

swade41 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.