Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Jake's Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ohlly, Aug 10, 2018.

1. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

2. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Thanks for sharing one of my favorite Hot Rod trucks. Looks fantastic as usual. Glad to see it's been preserved/not "updated" somewhere along the line.

Ohlly likes this.
  3. Fordyman

Fordyman

Does Ken still own it? If so …..hi Ken.
    I bought a couple of Duece roadster packages from you years ago....time flies!
    Always loved the truck!
    Randy Hallman

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. neilswheels

neilswheels
    from England

This has got to be the nicest 29 A closed cab ever. As many others here, it made a big impression on me, just so right. God to know its still about, looks in great condition, and not 'updated', like some cars have been ( Kookies T a good/bad example)

kidcampbell71 and Ohlly like this.
  5. Ohlly

Ohlly

Yes he does, I will tell him you said hi.

6. Ohlly

Ohlly

It's showing some age but it's still in very good shape.

7. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

This is an old post, I remember when Ken took possession of it. He drove it to Pleasanton, while Jake drove the tub, can’t recall if this was when Jake rolled the tub into “High Tech Central” and whipped out the painters hats, brushes and P-Woods Porsche Indian Red paint left over from his red 32 Roadster?

I have a ton of memories from those times on Ivar in T.C. Many just like that photo showing The 28 Panel just prior to its complete rebuild. Jake kept the P&J’s Hot Rod Parts stakes, later presented them to Ken and Repair was again on them.

Love that truck, though not practical, still a great driver and stunner!!!!! I know it’s for sale unless it’s already changed hands? But if I had enough for it, I’d own it and bring it back to TC...... This truck just set that “Right” bar. Will always dig it!!!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.
  8. IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0241.JPG For all you History buffs, here's a later photo of where Jake's and Sheldon's trucks were parked…Angela's Abbey Cemetery in Compton…

9. Anyone know the story behind this photo? HRP

[​IMG]