Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Old Kustom for sale here in Detroit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Ha. That guy bought it from here. Dallas, Texas. Oh well ..... still a cool car. Amazing it made it to Detroit.

2. Wouldn't mind having the engine.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could see someone buying that and pulling the hemi and putting in a Ford engine and reselling it.
    The Hemi is/was no doubt worth some show points and a lot of oh wows but is a bit of a waste of the engine now. A later Ford engine all decked out would bring enough oh wows from the folks who would like the car in the first place.

4. ^^^^ I hope not. Neat car!

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, I remembered talking about that car here a while back. seemed like someone thought it was a Barris car (it isn't) and there was some speculation as what should be done to it. I don't need it as I am hopelessly out of room....and it is an Edsel LOL

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. Not my cup of tea either...weren’t 60 Edsels pretty rare? Can only imagine what the chrome bill must have been, and yeah I thought it had Barris crests on it at the last swap meet I saw it at

8. Slopok

Slopok

35 gallons of clear??? Must've been as rough as corn flakes!o_O Maybe he meant 35 coats.

9. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

The 60 was the best looking Edsel IMHO, but those Chrysler headlights look goofy. You could probably sell the Hemi for enough to get a good 390 or 428 FE and have some change left over. It looks tired in the pics, but probably wouldn't take a whole lot to get it looking better again.