Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Salina, KS Car Club Question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bullet Nose, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I was doing some research on car clubs based in Salina, KS. My website only has three clubs shown from there, the Flintstones, Pagodas and Sal'ka Plugs, which had two different plaques. The link to that page on my site is ..... Salina Car Clubs

I also searched Dennis O'Briens list of clubs and he has plaques for the Dreamsters, Etruscans and Road Runners. He also has a pattern for the Blue Devils which has a location of Salinas, Kansas. Is there a town in Kansas named Salinas or was that an error? Anyone from around there know about this club?

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

I’d say it’s an error. Maybe @Lanyard sould have some info?

3. There is no Salinas in Kansas to my knowledge.
    @cactus1 and @Lanyard know more about Salina area clubs.

4. I know this is way over everyone's head but google maps is your friend. No Salinas,KS. That does not mean that someone did not mis-spell it. Granted I never ever mis-spell anything myself.

5. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

I agree about spelling errors and this page on my site has what I think are several .....

6. @Bullet Nose Speaking of errors, here is one that has always driven me nuts. (Got the photo from your site)
    PiedPippers_None.jpg Should be "Pipers"

Bullet Nose likes this.
  7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Along with the misspelling that may have been one of those one or two man car clubs from back in the day and not an actual club. On the NSRA car club list years ago there was a car club listed about 35 miles from me and after doing a bit of checking I finally deducted that it was an individual and not a several member club. It may have been a guy who wanted to start a club.
    A friend of mine, Vince Alcott (sp) had a good number of club plaques lining the sides of the roof inside his bus that he hauled parts to swapmeets in. Some of you in SoCal may have known him as the guy with the bus with Washington plates that sold tail light lenses and small parts at the swapmeets down there during the winter months. Those were from all over the country and I have no idea what happened to them after he passed away.

Sancho likes this.
  8. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

You are so right about that one and I missed adding it to my "Error" page. While checking the correct spelling on Google, I found this description of a Pied Piper on the Urban Dictionary site. YIKES! .....

PiedPiper.JPG

9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Having those plates was before my time, but were around in my dad's generation. My father is gone now, but he was best buds with hamber 383deuce, and he can chime in on the subject. Probably just getting back from Bonneville, or will soon. I grew up in Salina, there is not a town Salinas, Ks . I do have a Sal'ka plugs plaque, need to dig it out.

10. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Repop of the original with the raised spark plug. 20180814_202438.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

cactus1 and Sancho like this.
  11. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Can you tell me where I can get another re-pop done by chance? My family is trying to get re-pop's of any Salina club to donate to The Garage museum that opened up last year. I didn't find this one on O'Brien Truckers site.

12. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I wouldn't have a clue where to look unless someone had access to a foundry... had to pull some some shady shenanigans to get mine. I might be able to resin cast one later this fall.

travisfromkansas likes this.
  13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

I'll be on the look out :)

14. aircap

aircap

Is 3-D printing a viable alternative?