Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Spadaro Winter quickchange

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RottonRon, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Has anyone installed this kit from Mr. Spadaro ? Any issues? I'm just starting to put one together. thanks

2. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I have one that I plan to use, but have not started the build yet. I have 40 bells and axle shafts. I will use 48 brakes. I am interested in following this.

3. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I put one together several years ago it was fairly easy to do, I used a '40 banjo for a donor.

4. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've sold quite a few, all with positive feedback to date. 383deuce has one I sold him in his 3 window with 39 or 40 parts. I think he has 25,000 plus miles on it. It's at Bonneville right now.

kidcampbell71 and Hamtown Al like this.

5. There are two Winters V8 Quick change rear ends, one for the early Ford's using original axels, and one for push in axels using 9" Ford housing ends or Torino housing ends.

6. 48stude

48stude

I have one that I still have to assemble. This pic is just a mock up. I would like to see a tutorial on setting one up from a pro . Bill
    P1020409.JPG

7. Boon BA

Boon BA

I have one that came in my vehicle. I have had an issue at the hub end. Somebody pulled a wheel off during a NYS inspection and didn't torque it properly. (225 Ft/lbs) Sheared the key. Nothing that the QC did. Had to use a Speedway set up to get me by while I found the parts. The Speedway Hub let loose while getting on it. I was using it on the bunged up axle. Now I am sourcing a new hub and axle. Found one just the other day on the HAMB. Thanks brsturges.
    1930 Model A (20).jpg

kidcampbell71 and brsturges like this.
  8. brsturges

brsturges
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Miami, FL

Glad I could help get a great looking rod back on the road!

Boon BA likes this.
  9. A Boner

A Boner

Hey Ron.....screwing around with a QC, when you should be at Bonneville Speed Week!

10. @ 2 hot rods on the garage floor in pieces!!

11. Blake 27

Blake 27

I've been running a Spadaro V8 Quickchange using 41 Diff and axels, 39 bells and brakes, with 48 hubs and 56-64 Buick drums. 24,000 miles so far without any problems, although at around 10,000 miles I switched from straight cut change gears to beveled (I got tired of the noise). It's now as quiet as a 9". The instructions supplied are pretty straight forward and easy to follow. DSC08749.JPG

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Gosh, sure miss Mr. Spadaro. He did sooooo much for this hobby.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  13. birdog

birdog
    from Monroe, UT

Does anybody sell the center section still?

14. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

I have been running one of Dicks units for 11 years and have no trouble with it at all. I used a 48 rear axle and just cleaned everything up real good , replaced any bearing that looked bad and used new gaskets , i think we got the backlash correct with two gasket trys and used mostly stock stuff, used wilson welding brakes and kelsey hays wire wheels. model a (2).jpg

Jet96 and kidcampbell71 like this.