Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 Five Window Chop

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kenneth31coupe, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Leave the fenders and lose the trim rings. Nailed the look for sure.

2. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

I like with the beauty rings. IMHO, as with most wheel/tire combos you see today on off topic cars and trucks, it all blends in together and there's no definition between the wheel and tire if all is black. Just one big black blob. Trim rings break this up and define it better (if not going with a contrasting color) as well as better defining wheel diameters that some work so hard to get "right". So I vote with caps and rings with or with fenders. Stance and chop are great. Nice car.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

greaser likes this.
  3. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

Kenneth, I'm not going to "vote" or share my opinion other than to say that you have created a true, old time hot rod using your vision and top notch execution skills. I love your car so far and also what you have planned for it's future! Mark

sent from the red phone

ls1yj likes this.
  4. Boxers, or briefs. One you can run the 100 meter in, the other you can lounge, next to a Playboy bunny in. Business, or pleasure.

With fenders or without. Keep your options open. Two sets of springs, and a bucket of bolts, sounds like a fun one day transformation.

Having a drawer full of 100m shorts, and Hustler undies, keep you well rounded, and in fighting shape. Bang bang.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  5. Thanks for this thread - i am also planning a chop for later in this year of my '34 3w, have been studying many and this is true inspiration. I think that a 5w in any event has better proportions than a 3w but i love the flow that you've put into the roof line from the leading edge of the door to the subtle changes in the sail panel - amazing craftsmanship. Lengthening the roof makes it too boxy at the windshield.

I also currently own a 5w body, posts like this make me think twice about the 3w...

6. j hansen

j hansen

Devils Peak A-Bombers Uddevalla.I finally saw the 5w in reality,,,very well done!! Skärmavbild 2018-08-04 kl. 19.18.17.png Skärmavbild 2018-08-04 kl. 19.19.02.png Skärmavbild 2018-08-04 kl. 19.27.19.png

7. Attached Files:

akoutlaw, catdad49, 48fordnut and 4 others like this.
  8. Mart

Mart

The car is looking fantastic, Ken, great to see it out and about being thrashed to within an inch of it's life.

Mart.

bobbooth likes this.
  9. F-head

F-head

Just bringing this back to the top
    Hope Ken is doin OK

Mart and j hansen like this.