Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Whats the diff between 35 & 36 Ford front fenders?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Metaltwister, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Cleaning out the loft to light up craigslist with a bunch of misc. parts. Amongst everything I have a few 35 and 36 Ford front fenders but cant remember which is which? So whats the difference? Thanks in advance. Are the coupe, roadsters, and sedans all the same?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. weemark

weemark
    from scotland

36 fenders are two piece, 35 fenders are a single piece. 36 fenders have more of a hump on them front to rear but 35 fenders are more swoopy. All front fenders are the same for coupes, roadsters and sedans. The rear sedan fenders are different to coupes and roadsters.

Pinstriper40 and Metaltwister like this.
  3. Weemark is right--but let me add one quick and easy way to tell them apart. On '35, the headlight stand is a separate piece that bolts onto the fender. On '36, it's an integral part of the fender. '35 headlights sit higher up off the fender. '36 headlights sit lower and closer to the fender. For what it's worth, the '35 headlight assembly is also used on '38-'39 trucks.

4. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Thank you so much... So the 37 Zyphre fenders that I have has the built in headlights. Its all making since now! Thanks again... So much appreciated!

5. bct

bct

Why not sell them on the hamb?

Metaltwister likes this.
  6. 5window

5window

You can hardly expect to get the same amount of entertaining rif-raf and scam artists on the HAMB. :)

7. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

To be honest I dont want to fool around with packing and shipping these very clean, straight, and bulky fenders. Shipping and handling is a PITA with old dented up rusty fenders much less nice ones, besides most local Hamb gurus are shaking all the bushes to find what they need anyway. Hamb, fleabay, CL, Post it anywhere and they will come!
    Specially when we are talking So Cal raised, rust free SAE dry range desert fed car body parts? They go quickly...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    bct likes this.