Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western MD Streetrod Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Has anyone ever been to the Western MD Streetrod Roundup in Cumberland MD?
    I am trying to decide if I should make the 3hr drive to check it out. (Aug31-Sept2 this year)
    Anyone here going to this event either to show or shop?
    Thanks for the info
    Chappy
    http://westernmarylandstreetrod.com/

2. Never been myself, but I know folks who have gone for years. They swear that it's a great time. Send Ron Funkhouser on here a PM. I think he goes and camps out with Family every year and has a blast.

Bowtie Coupe and wraymen like this.
  3. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Lots of Hamb members, lots of hamb friendly cars however they have been forced of late , as have many shows, to open to later models to keep attendance at acceptable levels to break even for expenses. I think open to 65 or so now . Any profits go to charity...great fairgrounds in absolutely beautiful secluded area. family oriented. I Vend there, have for almost 20 years....drive down from Pittsburgh 2 hours or so. I am sure clubmembers will be chiming in soon.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. 48stude

48stude

I went down for 25 yrs straight . Haven't been there for a couple of years. I hope to run down for the day on Saturday if mommy nature allows me. I've always had a good time .Bill

5. Rocky72

Rocky72
    from Pa.

We used to go just about every year and spend three days and always had a good time , go for it you won't regret it .

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

it's a great time, don't miss it.

7. pkhammer

pkhammer

Go, you'll be glad you did. Don't miss the "jousting" contest! Perfect sized show in a beautiful setting.

8. 36 Penny Coupe

36 Penny Coupe
    from VA

Had the time of my life there in 1988. I went as a young man with my boss at the time and his 32 Ford. We traveled with his buddy named “snake” who had a half keg of Coors beer in the trunk of his ‘40 Ford coupe. I was 17 and never will forget it. Worst hangover of my life even 30 years later I still remember. Great show cool cars and dance on Saturday night. You must go!!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Chappy444,
    WMSRA member here.I/M me and I’ll try to help you any way l can?
    We’re celebrating our 46th year of fun,friends and an alliance with the League For Crippled Children,based locally here in Cumberland,MD.
    I hope Ryan doesn’t mind if l post our site(the event proceeds to the League)
    https://westernmarylandstreetrod.com/

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Carl, hope to see you and Andy there. i'll save you a YingLing.

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Cool! We’ll be watching for you...

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. I've been going to that show for more years than I would care to admit to! I've had more fun at that show. It is a great time and you could not ask for a more scenic location. Oh, and the corn-on-the-cob is out of this world!

13. Yum, corn-on-the-cob.:D

hrm2k and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  14. Jibs

Jibs

My wife and I have gone to Cumberland for about 30 out of the 46 years its been held. Great show, lots of great cars. Check out our club web site for pictures from past events.
    fotki.com/wcsr

15. I'm sure everything has been covered. But if I could only attend one event a year. It would be Clumberland Md. The corn, jousting, great lunches, the model train building, tubing the river, a beautiful site, but the best part is camping with friends. I can't wait!!! Ron 20170901_143652.jpeg 20170903_180638.jpeg 20170901_143551.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920P using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

VA HAMB, Deuces, hrm2k and 3 others like this.
  16. Ron, even your name puts the emphasis on FUN...........Ron FUNkhouser!:D;)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  17. Thanks Don, you should come and camp out us hoodlums. The lies get better each year. And we laugh ourselves silly, mostly at the same old stories.:rolleyes: Ask Tanya about her cat Lucky, that ate a plastic gummy toy. Then how she had to help pull it out in the middle of the night!:eek: I always bring a large pot of my rooten tooten Chilli too. That seems to get things fired up. We camp out by the spectator parking lot, so not to disturb all the normal people. So HAMB'ers please stop by. FUN is our middle name. Well maybe in my last name. lol Just look for these old Rods.:) Ron.... 20170903_125241.jpg 20170901_143341.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Deuces, lothiandon1940 and hrm2k like this.
  18. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That bunch with Todd Day, Ron Funkhouser and Father Tim, is a fun bunch of guys

They can lead you down the wrong path :rolleyes:

19. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

After 46 years we’ve forged some great friendships and fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

20. One reason I go back every year is because it's a bit like a reunion. There are friends that I meet up with there every year that I only get to see at this one location. :D I have been attending since the 8th annual event.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  21. '51Plymouth

'51Plymouth
    from York, PA

I went every year through the 80's-late 90's. Then I moved out of Cumberland and only go back for Christmas visits as I still have a ton of family there.
    As a general warning, please lock up your valuables--the prisons and the heroin blight have brought the crime rate up and the caliber of people down. You may not need to worry too much about fellow rodders, but the Cumberland locals have definitely gone downhill.

22. 48stude

48stude

We used to ride gocarts before the prison was built. We had a blast:D Bill

Jibs likes this.
  23. Wasn't that a Celanese (sp?) plant before then?

24. 48stude

48stude

It looked to be some kind of industrial park. WWII era was my thought because the windows were blacked out. I remember the soil being a tar-graphite looking black. We went down one year and there was a bull dozer pushing some dirt around , the next year there was a fully operational prison. I was amazed. Bill

25. Gabby

Gabby

Years ago we were in Cumberland and I made the remark, I wonder what that large complex use to be. Without skipping a beat, my smartass son said Baber Shop.

26. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

u wont regret it .

27. Anyone remember "Wetter Is Better"?

28. Jibs

Jibs

No, what was it?

29. .................I think it may have had something to do with young ladies and Tee-shirts.:D

40ragtopdown likes this.
  30. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Now wait one minute, I will have you know this is a "family oriented event" ....I am sure many family members were conceived at this event.