Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Alternator Conversion SBC

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ponchoguy65, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

A

Attached Files:

2. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

B

Attached Files:

3. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

C

Attached Files:

4. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

For anyone doing this conversion in the future this is the diagram that let me use the stock harness with very little modification and everything is now correct and my battery light works just perfectly!

Attached Files:

pat59 likes this.
  5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Go back and review post #5 on your thread here. What you've just posted is a modified version of it is all.

Ponchoguy65 likes this.
  6. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

R
    Right but the part that made the difference on my car was the jumper wires on the regulator plug when mine were jumped as shown earlier it made me to alternator hot without running and provided 12v to the white wire with key off once I criss crossed the jumpers it corrected the problem. Just wanted to put some more info out there for anyone else having trouble with this. Thanks for all of your help this forum has made alot of things easy for me over the last year!

Johnny Gee likes this.
  7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Knowing what each wire does as far as purpose and exact placement goes a long ways vs. just plug and play.

Ponchoguy65 likes this.
  8. Ponchoguy65

Ponchoguy65
    from Midland,TX

I couldn't agree more my ignorance for those 4 wires and their function is what complicated this more for myself!!! Glad it's over now though and thanks to all for the advice and guidance

Johnny Gee likes this.
  9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Also, it now "appears" that your old charging system lost it's constant 12 volt sensing (red 14g) wire to the external regulator and that's where all your charging problem started since it followed along into the new system.