Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Thanks. All my HEMIs (4) get painted RED, even if they somewhat clash with the body color......
    I did chop it......See post #1746 ;););)

loudbang likes this.
  2. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

loudbang likes this.
  3. ricky_tbird

ricky_tbird

Thanks. Wood is reclaimed CVG Doug fir.

IMG_20180628_152146257_HDR.jpg

brEad, loudbang and Tim_with_a_T like this.
  4. Tim_with_a_T

Tim_with_a_T

That's what I thought! Looks great!

loudbang likes this.
  5. Funny you should ask. I was over at Charlie's shop today. He's doing good and he's got a great crew.
    He's chomping at the bit to get his T going and is going to be helping out on mine. The place is definitely hopping.

6. Scrambling to finish......
    I have the grandkids coming on Saturday and still scrambling to finish the upholstery before they get here. Hitting the road for the Salt 2 days after they leave.

An upholsterer in Annapolis was supposed to have the seat upholstered by the end of last week. It turns out that he was leaving on vacation on July 21, so he had to finish it before he left...he pulled an all-nighter on Friday and sent me this pic Saturday morning:

171.jpeg

He did a nice job, but the pleats were supposed to be plum vinyl I had bought through him! And he used up all the gray vinyl I had left with him. So I had to change plans big time! The gray vinyl was a roll I bought along with the used Juki sewing machine got about 3 years ago. It is no longer available!!!

Luckily, I had cut material off the roll to do the headliner and door panels, etc. Now I am scrabling to find enough material to finish the whole thing. Really tight on being able to have enough to do the kick panels. I am really pissed!

To further complicate things, I had planned to do the door panels as a gray field with a pleated plum raised panel. With the seat all gray with only plum piping, that would not work. so I came up with an alternative that reduces the amount of plum showing.

Back in 1980, I upholstered 40 COOP in black vinyl with a Ford emblem on the door panels, that my late mother-in-law needle-pointed for me. In its present configuration 40 COOP would not look right with those emblems, so I saved them in the attic.

Here's how I utilized them for 26 COOP:

20180722_174758.jpg

The combination is actually growing on me now:

20180723_150619.jpg

Gotta get back to work........

7. Anderson

Anderson

One month in, figuring out where everything needs to go.
    F978E385-FEE0-471C-9BD1-9E6DF5EEAD06.jpeg 19C6E086-1445-431E-ACA0-B4355FA8293C.jpeg B22D5CE6-3AED-4EDE-B8E6-E32FF56BBE66.jpeg

Tim, brEad, Jet96 and 9 others like this.
  8. Got a chance to fully detail my motor this weekend. Painted the block in primer, then VHT Universal Gold. Replaced the water pump, timing chain cover, and fuel with new parts form Nailhead Buick. Polished Fenton VCs, and polished Vally cover also detail painted Universal Gold. Swapped all bolts for polished stainless bolts from Alloyboltz.com. Dropped the oil pan and repainted in Aluminum high-temp. Buried all my paint in hi-temp clear. Chased all the bolt holes with taps and used blue thread block when replacing the old bolts. Followed the revised torque specs that came with the SS bolts.
    Researching thermal coatings for log the intake manifolds, Zoomie style pipes and carb bodies. Which leads me to the intake I scored off of San Antonio Craiglist on Friday. It's an old-school Eelco and came with all linkages and six carbs. I spend the weekend hot tanking and scrubbing the intake, cataloging the linkages and taking loads of reference shots before tearing it down.

Strombergs here we come. Ouch.

I'm putting spending on freeze. Time to finish fabbing the floors and getting the driveshaft sorted. And rebuilding or replacing the Turbo 400. It never ends.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 7.40.36 PM.png
    Mock up. VHT Universal Gold with loads of ultra high-temp clear.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-28 at 8.29.18 PM.png
    Eelco 6X2 "before" shot with all linkages attached.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.27.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.27.45 AM.png
    After hot tanking and scouring.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.27.56 AM.png
    Cataloging.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.28.08 AM.png
    Clean and stripped down.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-30 at 11.28.17 AM.png
    The whole enchilada. Disassembled.
    NOIR T SHOT.jpg
    Arty shot. Still thinking about a three headlight set-up. Who knows?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  9. EVL401

EVL401

Absolutely love it mate!! Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Slimegreeeeeen and loudbang like this.
  10. Final update:

Short to-do-list:
    Upholstery done except the rear window garnish molding install.
    Need to calibrate the speedometer.
    Must track down a short on the left turn signal.

Been driving 26 COOP around as much as I can and it tracks well, is fun to scoot with the hemi/5-speed, and gets some laughs with my arm hanging out the rear quarter window ;);):confused:

Been packing the trailer:

20180714_122037.jpg

Here's a pic of the interior:

20180801_194728.jpg

Even spent time making a cup holder out of stainless sheet and some peanut butter plastic jars....gonna need it for me and my buddy on the trip to the Salt on the 7th of August.

20180803_191822.jpg

I will be posting a link to the thread for the trip out for Speed Week. Stay tuned.....

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    brEad, AHotRod, Jet96 and 6 others like this.
  11. AndersF

AndersF

Have a nice trip. The car looks great.

loudbang and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  12. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Safe travels and have fun!

loudbang likes this.
  13. goldmountain

goldmountain

Been following the breadcrumb train left by Irishjr. After seeing the trailer, I figured it out. You're the dude from Rodder's Journal#57. Well done sir.

loudbang likes this.
  14. Thanks,
    Yep. I'm that fool!
    Still crazy after all these years......

brEad and loudbang like this.
  15. Congrats. Nice to see it come together.

loudbang likes this.
  16. Joe McGlynn

Joe McGlynn

I like how this is coming together. What's the story on the front axle? Are you building that? I'd love to have more info on it.

loudbang likes this.
  17. Anderson

Anderson

Eric Carter, Carter Speed & Machine is making them. Only place I know to find him is on Instagram. The spring hangars are by my hands.

loudbang likes this.
  18. Looks GREAT! Have a safe trip and we want photos or it didn't happen. I hope to take my T to the salt in a couple years, wish it was this year. JW

loudbang and AndersF like this.
  19. Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 3.41.21 PM.png
    [BEFORE]
    Been detailing my nailhead. Gold VHT, loads of clear, Fenton VCs, PMS valley,
    cover, new timing chain cover, water pump, and stainless steel polished bolts,
    6X2 Eelco intake.
    AFTER]
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 8.42.57 AM.png

brEad, EVL401, AHotRod and 13 others like this.
  20. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

loudbang likes this.
  21. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After reading all the posts here and looking at all the pictures and seeing the progress that was made on all these projects, I'm starting to understand why the 27T in my avatar isn't farther along than it is. There's not a single beer bottle in any of the pictures I've seen in this thread.

22. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I can fix that...
    I find that the diligent application of a frosty beverage is critical for planning IMG_1986 (2).jpg IMG_1994.JPG

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
  23. AndersF

AndersF

Its the beers in my garage thats get me out there. Ha ha
    I usally take a beer or two when i are finnished for the day.
    It got two purposes. One is just sitting there and planning ahead.
    The other is to make sure that nothing have cought fire during grinding and welding.

bobbytnm, MMM1693, loudbang and 2 others like this.
  24. >>The other is to make sure that nothing have cought fire during grinding and welding

Very wise

N.Ozols, bobbytnm and loudbang like this.
  25. I’ve been working on the hood, side panels and retaining straps on my T Modified. I finished off by engine turning the new panels - it was done freehand using Roloc discs in a cordless drill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. I can add a story to the "beers in the garage" sub-thread, but first:

I finished 26 COOP by removing the rubber floor covering I had for ease of cleaning at the Salt and made the carpets and mats:

Before:

20180801_194642.jpg

After:

20180829_142348.jpg 20180829_142415.jpg

All done!:D:D:D

Now about the beer......Back in the late 90's we had relatives from around the country to our house in Maryland for Christmas. I bought a variety case of Wild Goose Beer from Frederick, Maryland (all full-flavored, heavy beers). NOBODY IN THE FAMILY LIKED THEM!!:(:(

So my nephew went out and bought a case of Bud.:eek::eek:

After they all went home, I had a bunch of the Wild Goose left, plus quite a few Budweisers. I was in the middle of building 33 COOP (see avatar) so each night, after working on the car, I would sit and have a beer (to see if sparks had caught anything on fire;)). I loved the full flavored beer at the end of the day. THEN I RAN OUT OF THE WILD GOOSE!:confused::confused:

Sorry, Bud fans, but the Budweiser tasted like weak piss in comparison.............

But, of course, I drank it anyway (and it helped to finish the car.....).:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

27. [QUOTE="Irishjr,

After they all went home, I had a bunch of the Wild Goose left, plus quite a few Budweisers. I was in the middle of building 33 COOP (see avatar) so each night, after working on the car, I would sit and have a beer (to see if sparks had caught anything on fire;)). I loved the full flavored beer at the end of the day. THEN I RAN OUT OF THE WILD GOOSE!:confused::confused:

Sorry, Bud fans, but the Budweiser tasted like weak piss in comparison.............

But, of course, I drank it anyway (and it helped to finish the car.....).:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:[/QUOTE].........................................Looks good to me. WildGoose_logo.jpg wild-goose-brown-lager.jpg

brEad, loudbang and AndersF like this.
  28. GuyW

GuyW

Repairing, cleaning, modifying my recent purchase. I love all things "T". It'll prolly end up looking like a 40's-50's rod, running in the 60s.
    advert 1.jpg

Tall t 26, brEad, edfueler and 8 others like this.