Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gifts left for you in the car you purchased ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Al's.C.D.T, Jul 31, 2018.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Yes I do, but right now it is dark, raining and I don't want to get my camera and ass wet. I will try for tomorrow if we happen to get the sun out for a few seconds. I want to make you happy as I see you are a Buick guy and we seem to be few and far between :D

Bruce Fischer and Hnstray like this.
  2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I took some pictures today, now if I can only get them to load DSCF3472.JPG DSCF3472.JPG DSCF3472.JPG DSCF3472.JPG DSCF3472.JPG

3. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

What the hell happened here? I tried to load the pictures of the extra nos chrome goodies I got with the car and all I ended up with was 5 of the same pictures of the car. I hate being stupid and I hate this damn computer:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Attached Files:

4. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Great, now I have one picture of some of the stuff. Whats up with that?

Bruce Fischer and warhorseracing like this.
  5. Costco got built where that wrecking yard was, and ironically Costco just moved north a couple miles (just outside city limits) last week, as the city was taxing them like crazy.

6. philo426

philo426

You are not stupid,just that the screen jumps around a lot and you end up posting the same pic Five times,that Buick should be cool once you finish it!

kbgreen and wraymen like this.
  7. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Thanks, I probably wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for all the extra chrome stuff that came with it. I also have a soft spot for 55 Buicks as my Dad bought a 55 4 door Special like this one new and I grew up with it and it became my first legal to drive car when I turned 16. My first one was dark blue with a light blue top so that's how this one will be home style painted when the time comes. I used to get a lot of razzing when I was a kid in HS for driving that old tank but I was always the guy that hauled my buddies around when their junky assed cars were broke down!

Bruce Fischer and Hnstray like this.
  8. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I just tried to post a couple more pictures to see how much I can screw up again DSCF3475.JPG

Attached Files:

kbgreen, Bruce Fischer and Hnstray like this.
  9. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Damn, I must be catching on to this picture posting, it worked:cool::D

10. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

And while your at it, is your refrigerator running....?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hnstray likes this.
  11. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Well, on the bright side, us vintage camper freaks got to see the Scotty you are hoarding...:D

Cosmo49 likes this.
  12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

That Scotty was the last one my Dad bought in 71. He bought his first Scotty in 1960 ( I remember polishing that aluminum all too well) and liked it so well that he stuck with them. Bought a bigger one in 65 and the last one in 71. By the time it came to up grade on the 71 his health was failing and camping got to be too much for him and Mom. They are both long gone now but I just can't bring myself to sell it. My son has used it a few times and we keep talking about getting it out and fixing it up, just never seems to be enough time to get all out projects done. I don't know why but it seems like I got more done before I retired than I do now when I have all day to do what ever I want.

Bruce Fischer and warhorseracing like this.
  13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Boy.....you said it! I don't know how many times I have had that exact thought!

Ray

egads and TagMan like this.
  14. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I just remembered a great gift I got with an old car. In 1969 I worked at A-1 Auto Parts in Grove City, Ohio. A customer came in one day to get some license plate bolts. I asked him if he got a new car, he said no, that he was an electrician and he finally bought a pick up to haul his supplies and tools. He then asked if I knew any one that might buy his 57 Ford 4 door work car as the cops were on him to get it off the street. I told him I would come over after work and look at it. When I pulled up there was a cop there and the guy said that he was selling the car to me and it would be moved right now. The cop said OK, it better be gone by midnight. When he drove down the street I got to looking the Ford over, 6 cyl, automatic and common Ohio rust. It sat really low for some reason. I told the guy I wasn't interested, he said it had to be gone, how much to you have in your pocket. I had $15.00, he said sold. I asked if it run, he said yea I been using it every day up until I bought the truck. I drove it home and started looking it over, turns out it had a new set of snow tires , a almost new battery and the best thing was it sat so low because the trunk and most of the back seat was full of large gauge copper wire cut offs from industrial jobs he had worked on. Sold the battery and snow tires for $50 , burned the copper off and sold it to a scrapper for over $300 and sold the Ford for $150 to a kid that had just totaled his car. I made a bunch of good contacts working at that parts store, some weeks I made more money wheeling and dealing than working for $1.60 an hour:p

Bruce Fischer, Truck64 and Al's.C.D.T like this.
  15. dwollam

dwollam

I have never been a Chevy guy but I have had a couple bonus deals with a few of them. 1st wife was in the hospital and I needed some money so I bought a 51 Chevy fastback from a Ford dealership for $150.00 . Found over $50 change in the ash tray, bunch of nice tools in the trunk and all kinds of goodies! Got it running and sold it at a very healthy profit. Few years later bought a factory V/8 64 Nova, then bought a parts car for $50. It was filled to the tops of the doors with pop and beer bottles and cans and in Oregon there were deposits on all those. Made more than the $50 back in the deposits alone, not to mention selling off extra parts that I didn't need. The parts car was a 63 but had a very nice 64 grille in the trunk I needed, plus the usual tools etc.
    Buy and sell the Chevys I guess, keep the Fords and Mopars!

Dave

safetythird, Truck64 and Al's.C.D.T like this.
  16. found two female Black Widow spiders with about 1000 baby spiders on them under the seat of a 32 five window I bought out of a farmers yard, sat on the seat for 20 miles while wife towed me home with car, found spiders 2 days later.................... hate spiders ever since

scott27 and Al's.C.D.T like this.
  17. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

A dime bag and a 1/2 empty pint of Jim Beam stuffed under the center console. It may be due to the type of car I bought.......'78 SE TransAm

cactus1 likes this.
  18. Oh Man that is always something I was worried about when I started to strip down the cars I have shipped over. When I stripped the COE down there was stuff everywhere, particularly above the windshield.
    Hate big spiders.
    Have you still go the 32?

19. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

Was it still... serviceable? We helped renovate our barracks at Schofield in B Quad and found ALL kinds of "interesting" 1970s era items in the walls. Nunchucks and knives and "prohibited items" or contraband. Buncha hotrodders I'm sure.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  20. trailerpark

trailerpark

I bought my model A sedan from a older gentleman with a younger wife. He left a box of condoms and a polka cassette. It must’ve been a heck of a party.

Hollywood-East and Truck64 like this.
  21. mickeyc

mickeyc

I bought a 40 Ford coupe a few years ago. Over the hole in the center of the firewall
    for the hot air heater, was a bracket holding the coil. I could see the edges of what appeared to be a gauge facing the engine compartment? Curiosity got the better of me
    and I removed the bracket to see what was up. It was a vacuum \ boost gauge with a
    blue Goose Logo on the face. It is a product of the McCollugh (spelling?) super charger company.
    Apparently they were offered as an accessory item for the early superchargers they made.
    I intend to gift it to a friend as a surprise for the very nice vintage supercharged gasser
    he is building.

22. You know, another fun one, I had to move my '57 Pontiac after about 10 years stored outside in a dry spot. Get it to the new place and look in the trunk and the damn thing is full of pine cones. Squirrels must have been busy stashing them.

23. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:D:D:D

24. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Only laughing because it happened o me the first time. Downloaded 2 pics and 6 out of the deal. My money sure doesn't multiply like that.

warhorseracing likes this.
  25. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Damn, ash trays must have been huge back then to hold so much change!

Sent from my SM-G955U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

oliver westlund likes this.
  26. Latigo

Latigo

Pocket change and a petrified condom.

27. Not as good as some of you have found, but the 48 Ford I recently bought had another spare generator and Holly 94 in the trunk. Before that, I bought an old OT Oldsmobile and got a free glove box full of new tampons. Being a single male, I couldn't come up with a use for them so I ash canned them.

28. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

Bought a 1959 Impala Convertible new and removed the rear seat. Must have interrupted the assembly guys coffee break cause I found a GMAC coffee cup, 1/2 a Mrs. Wagners apple pie and all the mounting hardware and ground straps for a radio

29. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

...and the neighbour's Willys Jeepster.....

kbgreen likes this.
  30. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

In 1994 I bought a 1964 Parisienne Custom Sport convertible and found eleven 20$ bill in the ''hidden'' console compartment with a 1976 paycheck receip of 70$ per week ..