Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods The ALTERED thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loudbang, Mar 3, 2016.

1. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I'd bet all those holes actually made the aerodynamics WORSE. But who can't appreciate the work involved.

Mark Hinds, Deuces, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  2. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

3. loudbang

loudbang

That is great. I like when somebody has a connection to these old photos. :)

4. loudbang

loudbang

Thurmond Bros

thurmond bros road.JPG

Walt's Puffer III

walt's pufferIII.JPG

Willy

willy .jpg

Willy vs Dragster

willy drag.jpg

5. loudbang

loudbang

6. loudbang

loudbang

7. rooman

rooman

[​IMG]
    Re-run from LB's post #852 from March of last year--still no id on the car.

Roo

8. Deuces

Deuces

So what if it's been reposted....
    Don't worry about it!... Please!:rolleyes:

Stogy, loudbang and Sky Six like this.
  9. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

The printed word is different than the spoken word because of punctuation, capitalization, and lack of inflection. Maybe he meant that the post was from last year and we "still" do not have any idea as to the ownership, name of car, or any other information... a mystery car.
    Myself, I was not here in March of last year so I liked the picture because it was fresh to me. Hell; I don't remember last Thursday let alone a year ago, March.
    Either way, lets just enjoy looking at old altereds and appreciate the efforts of those who post.
    Now on with our regular programming ! :):D:cool:

Stogy, RMR&C, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  10. loudbang

loudbang

I would give you 100 likes if I could. :)

11. loudbang

loudbang

Made my day. :)

12. I bet!:rolleyes:

13. Deuces

Deuces

Thanks L.B. :cool:;)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    loudbang likes this.
  14. loudbang

loudbang

Kay Sissel Six Tee

kay sissel 6 six tee.JPG

Lil Joe Arrigo

lil joe arrigo.JPG

again

lil joe arrigo1.JPG

Lil Ole Bum

lil ole bum.JPG

Little Billy

little billy.JPG

15. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Roo, I must tell you it is getting a little tiresome. So what if it has been posted before? It is not going to break the internet to see it twice or three times. It comes across at least to me as complaining or irritation that you would have to see something more than once. Glad you have a photographic memory but even more pleased that Loudbang and others keep posting.

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  16. Deuces

Deuces

Can I get an A MAN????.... :D;)

loudbang likes this.
  17. How about a compromise? We quit bitching about his re posting every month, if he just posts the photos without stating what anyone can read off the side of the cars just so he can seem like he's knowledgeable.

And, no.

Gary Reynolds and powrshftr like this.
  18. loudbang

loudbang

So which is it? "Somebody" Bitched because I wasn't posting the names I could. Now some other "somebody" doesn't want it. Make up your minds.

But some people don't read as well as they did and the lettering is hard to decipher in some cases so I do it for them not to be thought intelligent.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  19. flatheadgary

flatheadgary
    from boron,ca

why don't you people just do what i do. go past the ones you already saw? besides, you might see something the 2nd time around you didn't see the first time. i like to see altereds!! as many times i can.

20. Second time, maybe. Third or fourth, no. Maybe "somebody" is reposting over and over and over to run up the hero post count. The masses seem to put more stock in looking at the same posts repeatedly, so I won't bother to post any details, or history pertaining to the photos anymore. And don't worry about missing any of the multiple posts on this thread, there are at least 3 other threads where they show up simultaneously.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Gary Reynolds and powrshftr like this.
  21. loudbang

loudbang

A very simple solution exists for people that are offended by my postings. It's quick and easy. Just hover your mouse over my avatar click profile and on the profile page simply click on IGNORE. Zahzam you will never loose anymore sleep or have heartburn over my posts and petty worries because you won't see them and can rest easy.

As for the info with the photos one of the "somebodies" even suggested that I google image search EVERY SINGLE PHOTO I POST and add ALL THE INFO I FIND with the photos. LUDICROUS idea on it's face.

If "somebody" wants to volunteer to be my executive assistant I will gladly ship all my photos to them (70-80 per day) and they can google them do whatever pleases them and send them back ready for posting with or without information on the images attached. Because it really is EASIER for me NOT to add any info.

As for "Boosting" post count I COULD do like some people and post each photo INDIVIDUALLY to make more posts but it is easy to see I do NOT do that unless there is only one post for that particular thread.

Like my old boss advised me "If you work hard you will inevitably get complaints you can't please everybody" or I could do like some people and never post any photos and just post why I don't like something and never have to listen to the malcontents again. :rolleyes: NAH I think not. :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  22. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Loudbang:

I enjoy all of your posts and your hard work so please don't stop doing what you are doing!

Jimbo

loudbang and Deuces like this.
  23. Since I wasn't around drag racing when I was younger, I find ALL drag racing pics/info interesting.
    Really appreciate the stories and pics from guys who were there and lived it.
    Keep it coming please(without the drama)!

Deuces and loudbang like this.
  24. loudbang

loudbang

High and Mighty

1 High & Mighty pipes.jpg

2.JPG

Petty

6petty.jpg

25. powrshftr

powrshftr

LB:
    What Roo and some of these guys are trying to say,is that posting dozens of photos is nice,but slow down,relax,and remember:QUALITY,not QUANTITY.
    What Dean just took you to task for us the very same thing I called you out on about a year ago:If you post a picture of a car that says “RUSS DAVIS FORD” on the side of it,in silver metallic letters a foot high,we can all see that.
    Posting a caption with it that says “Russ Davis”,is both asinine,and a little misleading to folks that come here trying to learn about the earlier days of the sport.
    If you posted a caption with it that added some information,and value,such as “Gas Ronda’s 65 A/FX Mustang the day before the crash that totalled the car”,or something like that,it would add value,but just repeating some random thing that’s written on the car adds no value,and often misleads.
    Roo has called you out for doing this before,and he was totally justified,as you misidentified cars,or told misleading info on them.If you don’t know,just post the picture.And by picture,I don’t mean you have to post 800 of them in a single sitting.
    Which leads me to my next point:When I pointed out politely that you posted a picture of an O/T car from the nineties with a modern aero scoop,Weld Draglite wheels,and a very modern “Pennzoil” paint and graphics scheme,you got all defensive,and lashed out with something about “WELL WHEN I’M POSTING SO MANY PICTURES I DONT HAVE TIME TO CHECK THEM ALL!!!!”
    Which is sort of the point,isn’t it....???
    Slow down,enjoy,and leave some space for the guys with first hand experience to tell their stories about the cars,the people,and the historic events that we all come here for.
    Your posts are appreciated,but you don’t have to be the last guy at the party EVERY SINGLE NIGHT,do you?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

26. powrshftr

powrshftr

Dean,please DO NOT stop posting here,your stories and first hand knowledge of the era of drag racing we love,and the colourful characters involved are absolute gold!
    Thank you so much!

Scott

DoScoop, RMR&C and jnaki like this.
  27. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

Less whining, more photos.

Mike

AmishMike, rod1, HunterYJ and 4 others like this.
  28. rooman

rooman

Thank you!

Roo

powrshftr and jnaki like this.
  29. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Rooman,
    did you happen to see post #1768 of this thread? Just wanted to make sure you saw it.

:D

30. powrshftr

powrshftr

I don’t know why some of you guys are sniping at Rooman...He’s been trying to politely let LB know when he goes wonky on stuff,and now he’s catching grief for it.
    If photos of historic race cars are mislabeled,then guys who don’t know any better are going to start out with bad information.
    If you’re too busy posting 70-80 photos a day,as you stated,then slow the hell down,and double check them once in a while as you post.
    That’s all that was being said.You have wheeled out some very cool obscure shots that some of us have never seen,and you get a big high five for that.But please do your due diligence,and ensure your posts are as accurate as possible.Now,let’s all take a deep breath,and slow down a bit here,and just enjoy the ride.
    Here’s one of my absolute favorites,that we’re kind of loosely basing a coupe build on right now.
    I don’t have any real information on it,but I’m guessing one of the older,more experienced guys like Dean Lowe,Jnacki or Roo will recognize this car and can shed some light:
    [​IMG]

Scott