Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Don Knopp passes away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Austinrod, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

only computer he needed was his brain, with a passion for old cars

2. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

Are there services for him?

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thanks for posting this. Yes, Fremont,Ca. Niles district, my neighborhood. Don would sometimes stop by my house with old speed equipment he acquired. I was always nervous when he came into my house because he was always covered in grease and would just sit on my sofa, lol. Knew Don for many years. The last transaction with him was a Flathead starter bendix. He said "only $100, can't get these anywhere" I made the mistake of correcting him. He ripped it out of my hand and just said "Ok, Goodbye now" His famous line for "Ok, go fuck yourself", lol. I ended up buying it from him of course.

rod1, Austinrod and Truck64 like this.
  4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

never saw info on any services

5. used to by parts from him in 89-2000 he had some great cars, and would put engines and parts (flathead)in 55 gal drums and store them in lot across the street and knew everything he had and where it was located, an amazing memory............. and yes if he didn't like you you wouldn't get it............. My condolences to his family

6. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He seems like my kinda guy! I'm very much the same way, I know where I have parts stashed and I remember parts from other people's yards and friend's houses etc... Just in case anyone asks where something might be available! These kind of old guys are priceless and they're going too fast!

7. Persever2kdog

Persever2kdog

8. From 2017:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. Dang hard to watch - sorry for the loss of Don and his many many parts. We had our own - Stacy Brown down here....I bought allot of NOS parts from him just getting my flat-heads going....thanks to all these guys that thought to save for another to enjoy !