Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ford Flathead 200MPH rear engine modified 27 Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ronnieroadster, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

What a fantastic job. I guess that proves that for flatheads anyway you don't need no stinking port job if you push enough air.

Stogy likes this.
  2. 55chevr

55chevr

I had the pleasure of watching the runs. A lot of work went into this car. My compliments on a remarkable achievement. Somewhere there is a video of the car being driven on the street.
    Joe

loudbang likes this.
  3. mkubacak

mkubacak

Great photo work there.

loudbang and Stogy like this.
  4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mk. That Drag T below it...the driver sat under the hood and the grille area is actually clear plexiglas with small side windows near the Moon Eyes.

Both very unique go fast...really fast...rides

gas pumper and loudbang like this.
  5. I enjoyed the video and got a little of the driver's perspective during the run. But I have to admit, I was trying to use my full psychic powers to raise the camera a scooch to include a bit of the road surface. :p
    Congrats!! And well done. You've set the bar higher.

Baron, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more go pro away...I'd imagine the grounds whipping by pretty quick that's for sure and agreed for visual perhaps the 210 mph run next time @ronnieroadster will add one more camera...;)

Baron, loudbang and The Shift Wizard like this.
  7. Congratulations Ronnie, that is some accomplishment, its always great when a plan comes to fruition ...........my hats off to you guys......

loudbang, Stogy and grapeboy like this.
  8. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

In the past I have positioned the camera for a better view of the run including the outside of the car. But I positioned the camera this run to get a full view of the gauges since the data system I use has been giving me lots of problems. Seeing whats taking place on the dash is not really possible during a run the driver really needs to keep looking down the track surface especially in Maine where a Moose has been seen on the runway in the past!

alanp561, Hamtown Al, Baron and 4 others like this.
  9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats, that is quite an accomplishment.

Stogy and loudbang like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

These are rare events not that there is not going to be others but perhaps employing several cameras to capture other viewpoints would be interesting to yourself as well as us. I marvel in the camerawork of others as they are very crafty at it. Of course its cinema photography which is an art all on its own. These options are evolving rapidly so maybe strapping a couple more on for visuals would be cool even though understood the run and achieving a successful record is the main focus. Congratulations again Ronnie.

loudbang likes this.
  11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Dang. 200 with a Flathead. Dang. Thanks for the ride.

12. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

you push a flathead over 200 in a 27 body and you have to defend your camera placement *facepalm*

I was running a flathead powered vintage mod down in waterford last weekend and I was trying to watch the tach and the temp while they were hidden behind the steering wheel. i feel your "data system" pains lol

Stogy, Jet96 and gas pumper like this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

14. Mike

Mike

Should I spend money on race car parts, entry fees, fuel and supplies, travel expenses, etc. or buy more go pros? Hmmmm.

Jet96, Baron, gas pumper and 2 others like this.
  15. Mike

Mike

Good on ya, and good on my pal Jeff.

16. the-rodster

the-rodster

Awesome!

Rich

loudbang likes this.
  17. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Jeff Arnett is an amazing guy I call him my brother from another mother. Being the son of one of the founding fathers of Hot Rodding Jeff should be interviewed and the information recorded. Jeff is the only person other than my son who I trusted with driving my car he proved himself by easily running 196 MPH no wheres near floored.

Stogy, Jet96, Baron and 1 other person like this.
  18. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

To Funny But Im sure one day I will think boy it would have been nice if the camera pointed so we can all relive the run and see the ground going by. Another camera would give that perspective but its going to cause some drag which will slow the run a bit do i go for all out to speed or do I sacrifice a little for the replay view.

Baron, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  19. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi Ron , i am still waiting for some cam spec details :)

20. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

Hi Ron, I so much enjoy reading about your accomplishments. This milestone has required a tremendous amount of focus. It must be really nice to be sharing all this with your son. Thank you for making that effort. HFH.

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Build a little bellytank over it...:D

Baron and loudbang like this.
  22. gonzo

gonzo

That is amazing. Congratulations on a job very well done. Are you bringing it to Bonneville?

23. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Yes were heading to Bonneville. I ran in Maine to test the latest engine combination to compare numbers to the engine that currently holds the record on the salt which I set in 2016 at 192 .448 MPH

24. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Well somethings I will not tell about however I might consider selling the engine and then the next owner will know the secret details. But its going to be a used engine only avalible after Speedweek and expensive. LOL

Jet96, Baron, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  25. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi Ron,
    Yeah i understand :)

26. A2F00748-9CB5-4AF7-9DB5-7C7C27F58C75.jpeg 9B395FEC-AD77-4FA4-A8D0-B3C7ACED54A9.jpeg It takes a tremendous amount of engineering(both engine and frame) to run fast numbers. Congratulations on both factors. Flathead Forever!

Stogy, Baron, loudbang and 1 other person like this.
  27. murpa

murpa
    from .

That is unbelievable !!!! Your my HERO.

28. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congratulations Ron ! That was great. You make it look and sound easy, and we all know that is no easy task. Good luck in Bonneville , and go set some new records. :)

29. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I'm sure you could find room for a gopro session in there, they are tiny and easy to mount. not really the point though. the time and detail goes into the prep for speed. if you are taking time to make a good film thats time spent to make the car faster!! my circle track cars were always clean and presentable but time and money were always spent on speed, because in the end that's what it's all about!

btw, GOOD LUCK!!

30. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

Any word from ronnie yet?