Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Working on a new project.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bruce Fischer, Jul 29, 2018.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^^^^^^^^^ HAMB parts hauler, we all need one, Buick made a real nice looking one too. Bob

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. 40Standard I cant do that its too new to post here. I am hopping to redo it and sell it and get back in to a H.A.M.B. friendly car.I just wanted you all know I am back and lurcking.LOL.Bruce.

upspirate, Stogy and pat59 like this.
  3. Trailer Trash. Funny it just stated doing it after I pulled all the air pollution stuff off the motor so I could get to those valve covers.I just did put a new belt on it also. It sounds like bad bearings. I will recheck it. Thanks Bruce.

4. I tried to answer you all in P.M. message about the Buick station wagon. If I missed any one just let me know.Thanks Bruce.

5. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank God for Robert's recovery & your flat tire ! Good luck on the project.

6. Great news all around Bruce. Good to have ya back!
    :)

7. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

so good to read that Robert is doing well!! good luck with the mystery car also.

8. Ron Emerson

Ron Emerson

Great news for both. I am in Florida where is Robert. Thanks Ron

9. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Just saw th is thread. Glad to see you are "back on the wagon"! hahaha

10. Ron, he lives up near Ocaloa, he works all the way down in Kissimmee.Bruce.

11. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Good to hear things are looking up for you and your family. If you think you could use some more torque out of that O/T Buick to the climb those hills faster I have an extra big block 455 Buick that will fit right in that wagon;)

12. TrailerTrash.I tried tighting it with a new belt, then loosened it up a lot, with no tension on the belt the alt. doesn't make noise but tighten it up and it starts howeling, I am pretty sure the bearing are shot from sitting. Thanks Bruce.

13. To day I went over the rear brakes on the Buick station wagon. Both adjusters were frozen up from sitting. I had to take them out and heat them up to get them to move. Then I greased the adjusters up. Looks like I am going to have to replace the one long brake line that goes across the rear end. Then I can start tapping it up for paint. Bruce.

14. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

Bruce, thanks for the followup. A Buick alternator should not hurt the wallet too bad. Russ