Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ford 1932 5wd deuce coupe Hot Rod

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by aripo, Jul 25, 2018.

1. aripo

aripo
    from Finland

Hi fellow hot rodders,

We are looking for history of old Ford 5wd coupe that has been build to hot rod according our information in California in 50s-60s and seen in Portland roadster show late 60s / early 70s (Portland Oregon). It has been also in Year book of hot rodding in 1966.

Here is also picture of tachometer that was in the care back in 1960s where we would need some identification help.

All possible information, pictures etc. concerning this green coupe is appreciated. We are intending to restore it as it was in its days of glory (not as it came from Henrys line).

Br,
    A&J
    Brothers In Garage

Attached Files:

2. F&J

F&J

That is wild...full fendered, channeled.. Look at the huge drop on the headlight bar due to the sectioned radiator shell.

Is that a Y block motor, or ?

Somebody here should know something on it..

Deuces and hendelec like this.
  3. aripo

aripo
    from Finland

Yes that is Y block from 1956 Thunderbird and been pretty new when installed to this coupe. Whole car was really good shape except paint. Headers, carburetors etc. are same as in early pictures. Interior was also in really good shape.

Attached Files:

4. The tach cup looks like a Sun from that era. Probably a red "football" on the face.

loudbang likes this.

5. The tach appears to me to be a Sun tach, as well. If it has a red "football" on the face, it's a '50s era tach. The same style/design, but without the red "football" on the face wud be an early '60s tach. The coupe looks familiar and I want to say that I've seen it in the magazines before. Perhaps "Hot Rod" in the early '60s, but my memory isn't as good as it used to be, so I can't say for sure. It's a great looking hot rod in any case.

loudbang, lothiandon1940 and F&J like this.
  6. 30ARoadster

30ARoadster
    from Salem, OR

Did you buy the coupe from a guy in Redmond, OR? I remember seeing it for sale a couple years ago there.

loudbang likes this.
  7. aripo

aripo
    from Finland

FritzJr and Bowtie Coupe,
    Thank you for the info concerning tachometer and . That is still missing from this but now I know what to look for.

Bowtie Coupe,
    Thank you also giving hope that there would be more info from this coupe. If would be excellent to track down whole history on this coupe.

In the Hot Rod magazine Year book there is in the beginning of page name and place:
    Gerry Capped / Whittier, Calif
    I am wondering is this name the name of the builder of the one who wrote that "article"?

Does anyone know is there digital archive on Hot Rod magazines from 1950-60s?

30ARoadster,
    Most probably this is the same car. If yes, do you have some more info from it?

Br,
    A&J

Hot rod yearbook.JPG

kidcampbell71 and loudbang like this.
  8. A&J, Wish I could be more help to you, but I'm sure you'll find more information on the coupe. You will just have to be persistent in your search. I would say that Gerry Capped/Whittier, California is the owner/builder and where he lived at the time. His given name is probably Gerald or Gerard with "Gerry" being a nickname. I'm not aware of a digital archive of "Hot Rod" magazines. I would doubt there is an official one, since the magazine is under new ownership. Although, some individual may have undertaken the huge task of creating that reference. Best Wishes!!