Register now to get rid of these ads!

Being a Dad is Cool.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BAILEIGH INC, Apr 5, 2012.

1. shadams

shadams

Had another baby girl back in May...super proud of all my kids. They sure love dads old truck.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. jimmy959

jimmy959

Will do, Chryslerfan55!

Ron Funkhouser and chryslerfan55 like this.
  3. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Lets get this thread back on top!

4. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

EFE32AB7-4072-49FB-80FB-78AE57A69442.jpeg 520BA257-15B7-4C49-88EB-E3379192B849.jpeg FD7C270A-616C-4546-A2A4-82435CFFC90C.jpeg From the Meltdown this past weekend. I posted a bunch more pics on the thread that is linked in my signature

5. b-bop

b-bop

Was a grampa to this little monkey, but now that his mom has suffered an acute brain injury and now living in a care home, I am both grampa and dad as he lives with us full time. My wife does not like my teardrop much, so he is my constant traveling buddy. 20180624_164751.jpg 20180703_200815.jpg 20180705_163919.jpg 20180705_183429.jpg

leadfootloon, clunker, D type and 6 others like this.
  6. @b-bop Sorry to hear about his Mom but I'm sure he's in great hands. If he's anything like my grand kids I bet he loves riding in your car Getting to hang out with you on trips must be a big thing for him. He's a lucky kid!

chryslerfan55 and b-bop like this.
  7. gonmad

gonmad

B-Bop, I’m sorry to hear about your daughter (or in-law) as that has to be absolutely horrible. However it’s awesome that the boy has an amazingly Kool grandpa that loves and cares for him. I know that being a “dad” and grandpa at the same time is extremely difficult because they’re two completely different roles, one to spoil and one to train. So my hats off to you in taking the “dad” role and putting the grandpa role second for now.

From some of your pictures, I can only imagine the awesome trips and memories he’s gonna have!!

chryslerfan55 and b-bop like this.
  8. gonmad

gonmad

Oh, and yes, being a dad is KOOL!!
    D2137EA8-0EE3-4F47-9E48-18ABF3D6A06E.jpeg

Halloween last year.

chryslerfan55, VANDENPLAS and enloe like this.
  9. My 4 year old grandson at a cruise night with me. He loves hanging out and riding in the 33. Cruise Night.jpg

10. D0B2104A-2CC6-4B27-811B-B4B20338ACBE.jpeg

Two are mine the rest are the neighbors kids, they all just love going for a cruise around the block.

chryslerfan55, TFoch, clunker and 2 others like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2018-8-5_3-21-54.png auto influenced from an early age

“Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.”
    — Anne Frank

Hello,

It is one thing to be a husband and dad, but another to be proud that there is someone that needs help in moving on in life. My wife and I were "wandering stars in the galaxy" when this little guy showed up one year. He became central to our lives and we had to adjust our free flowing lives accordingly. (A car for three and not a 40 Ford Sedan Delivery with two seats and an empty cavern in the back.)
    upload_2018-8-5_3-24-46.png
    From the beginning, being a boy, he had a ton of car influences from Matchbox to R/C cars, later on, as a pre-teen. There were hours of reading books, drawing, listening to rock music, going to the beach, Tonkas in the sandbox and playing with cars. We even purchased a long wooden, trestle table and benches to play on a smooth surface with his tons of Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Corgi and Fisher Price cars. (It was perfect for Hot Wheels drag races, too.)
    upload_2018-8-5_3-25-32.png
    The funny thing is, of the things we did most of the time, the only thing that did not stick was anything automobile or hot rods. He loved playing with them, taking them apart, creating cruising scenarios, having drag races vs. his good old dad, etc. He also knew and knows to this day, that if he has a question about cars, “just ask dad.” We were instrumental in helping him get his first car and a few others ever since.

upload_2018-8-5_3-26-10.png doing his “Michael Jackson” on the warm sand…
    Jnaki

When our granddaughter was born, he came to us with a question about cars/station wagons and safety…all down our knowledge alley. Now, our granddaughter is another story that is somewhat different. We now had a girl to deal with, while enjoying the trials and tribulations of that species growing up !

Being a dad is cool. But, being a grandfather/grandmother to a fascinating little girl is a wonderous thing…just ask my wife…Finally, a girl in the family. Some weeks, we had her staying overnight with us for 4-6 days at a time. Our house (we) adjusted accordingly.

The same scenario worked…hours of reading, listening to rock music, drawing, almost living at the Main Beach in Laguna and the Balboa Pier in Newport Beach, and long walks on the boardwalks. Her favorite beach toy was a purple Matchbox car for those invasions of sand castles and curvy roads.

Did the car influence stick? Well she did give a name to all of her family’s vehicles…to this day. She also loves going in grandma’s powerful, cool sounding vehicle to various places. But, she's not interested in anything automotive at this stage. Other than... "a hot rod is cool looking if it has flames." Did I influence that idea? (Only in our drawings, writings, and artwork projects.)

12. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Lucky kids, my grandsons love it when I take them for a ride in one of the old Buicks:D:cool:

chryslerfan55 and enloe like this.
  13. My twin boys last year after the HRH in Hatfield Wis. 20170521_094604.jpg 20180415_155105.jpg This winter my father-in-law teaching Jesse wiring tricks.

Camryn pumping the brakes for the new set up. 20180415_155112.jpg

20180721_191302.jpg
    And these two are always in my shop when ever they can get passed My wife.