Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What would you do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolhandponcho54, Jul 22, 2018.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

bunch of girly men around here.

2. It would look better to work in the slope of the rear fenders maybe even out past the rear body a little

Sent from my VS996 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

anthony myrick likes this.
  3. Gman0046

Gman0046

Its real easy to spend someone elses time and money on a POS.

Gary

4. Of course I would get it. Ive dragged home dozens of worthless vehicles. And scrapped them and made a bit of cash. Too many doors & too rough to be a viable project.

5. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Not everybody has driveways made of concrete. Some of us make do with what is put in Scan0691.jpg front of us.

badvolvo, patmanta, Clay Belt and 2 others like this.
  6. Well, the man says he's going to build it so not much point in continuing to try and persuade him to pass it by or part it out. Time for encouragement in his endeavor.

7. OK!:eek: You go man!:D Do a build thread to prove the naysayers, whatever. Your taste, your build, keep the kids in mind.

Clay Belt likes this.
  8. Wow strong feelings one of these old Ford's must have killed your dog

9. wicarnut

wicarnut

Congrats ! on your decision, your time and dime, I will follow along and hope you prove me wrong as I was a negative comment, wish you the best, admire your ambition as I'm pretty sure that will not buff out/up, all I see is endless hours/dollars, BUT if you are happy, I'm happy for you, Good Luck, Enjoy the Hobby !

lowroller1 and coolhandponcho54 like this.
  10. Like my dad said can't get worse if it turns out too bad for me I'll go back to original plan and I will already have the back glass cut out to sell

wicarnut likes this.
  11. Guy gets flamed for wanting to fix an old car on an old car site

That’s funny

12. 327Eric

327Eric

It could be a lot uglier[​IMG]

patmanta likes this.
  13. You can see thru the hood on my car too

14. Yup, if he started a thread about scraping the car he would have gotten jumped on as well....sometimes you just can’t win.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

15. I think he could have sold swings with a sledge hammer the way this car got hated on.

Clay Belt and williebill like this.
  16. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

Great job. Ignore the nay sayers. It's a 70 year old car. Younger guys don't hate 4 doors quite as much as the graybeards. Apparently we are just too ignorant to understand how important it is to look cool and rely too much on our own judgement.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anthony myrick likes this.
  17. You see all these threads on new cars at shows and why young guys don't get into hobby well when you get an affordable car to build its ugly, beyond repair and too many doors
    I hate to use this car as an example I know it's a rusty mess but come on why not make it traditional or I could spend my time and money on a rice burner or fox mustang or new camaro but I like old American steel

18. williebill

williebill

Wow strong feelings one of these old Ford's must have killed your dog[/QUOTE]
    Some of the best internet comebacks are on the HAMB. I'm gonna try to use that one someday.

19. It's ok I'm only doing this so I can advertise a new diet on the classifieds

20. fourspd2quad

fourspd2quad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Custom woody wagon :cool:

21. clem

clem

Four good reasons to build it just from this comment.
    Not sure why so much negativity about your car. Maybe too much availability over there on old two door fords, compared to here.
    Please do a build thread.

22. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

I’m looking forward to seeing how you do it.

23. Me too! Now that I run my mouth I got to build this thing and make it look good like I said I'm gonna need help
    Hit me this morning I'm building a 46-48 ford four door? Never thought that would happen

24. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm pretty excited to see it, honestly. I'm still wanting to build one myself someday and if I found one this spring I'd be building it instead of the 29 pickup. I think any 38-48 fourdoor Ford or Merc would look great with just a little rubber, a little rake, some new pipes and something to make it rumble. You could get this thing on the road quick enough and rod around with the family for years while you figure out what else you want to do with it.

If you decide to do another build thread instead of keeping this one, make sure you post a link to it here where I'm subscribed so I don't miss it.

coolhandponcho54 likes this.
  25. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i myself would try to make a driver out of it cause i hate to see old iron get wasted.

Clay Belt, 49ratfink and 5window like this.
  26. It's got a rake
    Going to get her home clean out inside and clr first see what it looks
    Fix rear suspension( still thinking of solution I would like) 8.8 and leafs?
    Make her go and stop( too many option available 500 caddy, 389 poncho, sbc , chevy six all running waiting for homes
    I can always cut the roof off I get it all worked out ( I think the rear body needs a lot of reworking for tub)

I will start a new build tread

patmanta, Clay Belt and badvolvo like this.
  27. 5window

5window

Maybe chop and section it? Maybe practice your skills? Parts for sale? Scrap. I don't know, it's kinda cute all rounded like that. If you have time, space and a little money, and nothing invested, why not?

Seems funny that so many folks here decry the old tin disappearing and being junked, but so many give that advice in this thread.

49ratfink likes this.
  28. If it were mine, I would concentrate on getting the chassis to sit and work right ( suspension, brakes and steering). Keep the drivetrain simple (sbc, o/d automatic) and spend as little time and money as necessary on the body. This gets you safely on the road as cheaply and quickly as possible (maximum smiles/mile/$/time). You can sell at that point (if the car doesn't float your boat) and maximize your return (use this as a learning experience and stepping stone towards a car that you find more desirable). Or, you can keep an eye out for a similar year coupe or conv't and do a body swap on your good chassis. Many options available...enjoy. Glad you didn't listen to the run and hide recommendations.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  29. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

It's a 70+ year old car. It's cool in my book. I say clean it up and build it on the cheap side. Not every hot rod has to have a mirror finish paint job and 10k in interior work. I wonder what its history is?

patmanta and Clay Belt like this.
  30. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

That's the best idea yet !