Register now to get rid of these ads!

History The Beach Boys other little deuce coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66Special, Jul 24, 2018.

1. 66Special

66Special

Does anybody have any info on the 3W coupe pictured here with the beach boys for some kind of Christmas promo? The chrome grille shell is so bitchin and I would love to see more pics/learn more about the car.

Attached Files:

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looks olds powered

3. They were always into hot rods. HRP

upload_2018-7-24_13-23-21.jpeg

4. Don't have any info on the coupe, but here are a couple more pix from the same photo shoot that were gleaned from the HAMB.
    Beachboys53.jpg Beachboys62.jpg

5. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

6. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I wonder if it's the same 3 window that is on the back of the Little Deuce Coupe album sleeve?

7. I remember every year in H.S. we held a Christmas assembly and the Pom Poms did a routine to the Beach Boys, "Little Saint Nick". Damn those girls were sexy!

8. 66Special

66Special

Man, the high headlights along with the chrome shell and stock top are speaking to me. Everything about this car is so right. Beachboys53.jpg

9. 66Special

66Special

It's a good thing I'll never be able to afford a deuce three window or I'd have to build this car.

10. Not the same car but I did this 1 for Al Jardine years ago Beach Boys (Al Jardine)Coupe 003.jpg

11. ^^^^^^^^^^^Al Jardine had good taste^^^^^^^^^^^:)

12. @da34guy Was that done from the Monogram model kit or was the kit based on the car?
    ghjdfhyg.jpg

13. And a real thick wallet.
    A lot thinner when I was done LOL.
    Straight axle front Jag rear, can't remember what the bill was but the chorme shop loved me. Everything under it was plated.

14. The kit was done from the car.

15. I see now that the box says "Al Jardine of The Beach Boys Li'l Deuce Coupe".
    So it was based on the real car.....

16. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

" you don't know what I got"

Bowtie Coupe and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. In 2008 you posted that you had just sold the Al Jardine 3-window coupe, never mentioning that you built it.

Mick

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  18. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Never seen these pictures but they sure are cool. I'm wondering if they were taken for promo pictures for a Christmas card from them or maybe for the release of their Christmas album I believe came out in 1964. I have seen their Christmas album with various different covers over the years every time they rerelease them.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. frank spittle

frank spittle

After seeing at least a thousand painted Deuce grill shells the chrome looks out of place. I like the matching paint.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  20. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

One of my favorite bands of all time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

21. LAROKE

LAROKE

For those who have access to SiriusXM radio, Channel 4 Spotlight has become "The Beach Boys Channel" all summer long. I'm been listening to it for about six weeks now.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.