Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Corvette hot rods - picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Jan 1, 2011.

1. powrshftr

powrshftr

And some McCulloch powered Karts!Some guys have all the fun!
    Very cool old Chevy.You’re the caretaker of a couple pretty serious chunks of history there,Brother!
    Congratulations on a job well done with both of them.I hope you are putting plenty of miles on the Vette;it looks like it’s definitely one of those “smiles-per-gallon” type machines.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

2. rooman

rooman

Mark has more than a couple of "serious chunks of history", Scott

Roo

3. powrshftr

powrshftr

I could tell just by a couple of snapshots of the place,that it’s more of a giant shrine/rolling museum than a two car garage.
    That’s an impressive setup.
    Even better,it’s nice to see somebody with the means to make that happen,and not fill the building up with late model Lamborghini and Ferrari stuff.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

chryslerfan55, enloe and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  4. Gastrap

Gastrap
    from Tama, Iowa

Dad and his new '62 fuelie tanker.
    FB95IMG951529903507279.jpg

5. loudbang

loudbang

6. loudbang

loudbang

7. Deuces

Deuces

Bad ass^^^^^^.... :cool:

loudbang likes this.
  8. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I'm so glad to see paper air filters instead of K&N's. K&N's just look wrong on old cars, especially if you're trying to stick to a time frame. Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir! LOL! Neat car.

enloe, Moriarity and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  9. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

10. loudbang

loudbang

11. loudbang

loudbang

From Bangkok Dean

bkk (4).jpg

from the web

hot8.JPG

12. elgringo71

elgringo71

These were posted by 1947knuck
    E23D10DE-96F8-4F54-AAF7-A6E14244212D.jpeg 5FE7049D-56BC-4A80-AFF4-3F30CF71848C.jpeg

13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

14. loudbang

loudbang

15. rooman

rooman

[​IMG]
    Charlie Bryant at Pikes Peak, 1960

Roo

16. jimdillon

jimdillon

Of course it was good seeing Enloe and Ethan (and others of course) and we have him to thank for some great photos. I took my camera which I charged but apparently the battery is no longer any good so I used my i-phone and every picture came out like crap. I will see if I can salvage any. Here is one pic of Steve Norton's new 57 build and I in the staging lanes on Saturday (that a buddy took). Steve's car has been on here before and it is a great big block called Tunnel Rat. Great looking car and Steve is a great guy that says he will be back. He had some issues but it put on a good show. He brought it in on an old Hodges hauler ramp truck. I always wanted one but never pulled the trigger. Great to meet guys from the HAMB especially great builds of old Corvettes.

Also met Jeff with his beautiful rootbeer stack injected big inch small block 62. I took some pics of the car but they came out like crap of course. A great guy as well who ran the car and represented us Corvette nuts well. Both Jeff and Steve's cars were making their first passes at Byron-Jeff is still dialing in his stack injection. Great to see other early Vettes out there.Took pics of John's blown 62 and they came out like the rest-glad Enloe took some good pics. It seems every year I have Corvette guys come up to me in the staging lanes and tell me they wish they could bring their cars out. I wish more did. Kudos to Jeff and Steve. If anyone has any pics of Jeff's brown 62 feel free to post them. I will see if I can do anything with my pics. Will try and save some pics of Steve's car as well.

IMG_1750r.jpg
    Here is Jeff's stack injection. Jeff 5r.jpg

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

18. hendelec

hendelec

19. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Since seeing the pictures of your remarkable garage and the contents, may I ask you what is in front of the beautiful blue car? I'v looked, studied, and stared but can't figure out what it is. Of course, sometimes I am not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  20. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

57 Zinger?

loudbang likes this.
  21. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

This a corvette thread and I really didn’t want to post this here but... 57 cHevy built for revell the model car company to promote their line of deals wheels model kits[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

22. Deuces

Deuces

Revell is under hot water at the moment.... Nothing new since March.....:(:(:(

loudbang likes this.
  23. jimdillon

jimdillon

I said earlier that I would try and "repair" my crappy photos of Jeff's stack injected 62. I tried and failed miserably. John with the blown 62 above said his wife may have taken a photo but until we find one I tried to be creative and see if I made them kind of black and white that they may pass muster. Maybe but still pitiful. Car is way better than the crappy photos. Color is kind of a rootbeer brown so you will have to use your imagination until we find a photo or two. Irrespective the car is flat out cool. Jeff 2bw1.jpg Jeff-1bw2.jpg

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

VERY COOL I didn't see it. I thought I saw about everything:(

Bowtie Coupe and loudbang like this.
  25. 1934coupe

1934coupe

WOW!

Bowtie Coupe, loudbang and hendelec like this.
  26. loudbang

loudbang

27. jimdillon

jimdillon

Thanks Quick 85 but no matter what the pics are not going to be framed by anyone for sure. Looks better a little darker-I tried it as well but did not know which way to go. Thanks for the redo-probably looks better.

Jeff who owns the car says he has seen this thread so maybe he will load a picture or two. Pretty hard not to like a stack injected 62. I was stuck in the staging lanes when he ran and when Steve ran his 57-fun to watch but I would like to see them run from alongside the track. Hopefully both will come back next year and we can have some fun.

Here is a pic of my car with another brand of 62 (cool car no matter what the brand) in the other lane on Friday. IMG_1741.JPG

1947knuck, mkebaird, Deuces and 5 others like this.
  28. jimdillon

jimdillon

Oh and by the way Jeff is probably as demented as some of us. He showed me a 60 Vette he is building. Then Steve is going to look at more 56 stuff. Like I said in another thread - it is a damn disease-in a good way.

29. loudbang

loudbang

30. loudbang

loudbang