Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Your Favorite Pair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

Your Favorite Pair

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  2. NoSurf

NoSurf

My good friend 2muchstuff always seems to have at least 2 hotrods I'd like to own myself...

upload_2018-7-23_9-53-0.png

[​IMG]

edcodesign, Jet96, LOU WELLS and 4 others like this.
  3. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I suffer from the same problem your buddy has, I have too many cars (around 15 if zingers count as cars lol) and most of em seem to need something all the time. When people ask what I am building these days I politely tell them it seems like a full time job keeping the cars I currently have in shape. Besides there is no more room at my place. I would too like to be down to 2 cars but I honestly have no Idea what I would get rid of..... with that said I would pick Kurt Mccormicks valley custom built 32 and the rod and custom dream truck wetzels-roadster-hot-rod-3.jpg dreamtruck.jpg

Deuces, edcodesign, Jet96 and 11 others like this.
  4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

How about three at the same time, but different. This is cheating but, my wife owns a 28 street roadster, a 28/32 land speed car, and a Ute from Australia. You can say,,,, whoa there big fella, you own them also. That is true but I have 'my cars' and she has 'her cars'. I work on the race car, but she is the driver. I have driven her street roadster only about 4 times in the year we have had it, and the Ute the same average.
    2017 final El  Mirage.jpg
    MoonEyesChristmasShow2012028.jpg
    Chick's Roadster.jpg

5. I have trimmed my fleet down to just these two., although I do have the desire to own a mild custom.HRP

upload_2018-7-23_10-28-59.jpeg

silver streak engine-36-X2.jpg

Deuces, edcodesign, Jet96 and 11 others like this.
  6. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Street:

tdr '11 02.jpg
    anglia0705_5.jpg

And strip:

orange paint 09.jpg

ALL INLINE SIX POWERED

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I considered nominating myself as I have three, all unfinished though, but three I would be pleased to drive regularly as they are all somewhat of a different category.
    That's a tough one, I thought that it would be easy, nope gonna have to give it some more thought before I can't put my finger on just one person as it seems there are guys with much more disposable income than me.
    Lets see, Jeff Beck, Billy Gibbons, Jimmy Vaughn.
    Damn, I should have learned to play guitar.
    I'll get back to you Boss.

chryslerfan55 and flatheadpete like this.
  8. For me I have a Roadster for those perfect top down days.:cool: And a Coupe for those maybe rain days.:oops: Yes the roadster has a top but I only put it up in the winter to get the wrinkles out. I keep thinking about another deuce build, but at 71 years old, what I have keeps me busy enough. But you never know!:rolleyes:
    IMG_1934.JPG KENT2015 005.JPG

9. I’m tossing coins on these two. I do miss the ones that went away to have these...I wish there was a way to keep them all!

Attached Files:

Deuces, Muttley, BLUSHU and 1 other person like this.
  10. I had the perfect combination and screwed it up by selling the ElCamino last year.
    Custom Aquamino
    Project Italian Car.
    Hot Rod Model A
    Family Photo 2016.jpg

Deuces, Gotgas, edcodesign and 8 others like this.
  11. Mine would be Jim Bobowski's pair:
    grand-nat-2015-03.jpg
    25g4e3w7qzpkgj4e3c1vn6lq8w0j67ey.jpg

12. problem is, when you are truly inflicted with the car bug, just two cars can not scratch the "itch". a hot rod, a custom, a truck, a convertible, a sports car, luxury car, etc...........if funds and space were not an issue, i would have a different car for every day of the year.........[dreaming].........hmmmm, let's see i am wearing blue today and heading for the mountains,......hmmmm...... i think i will take the teal 300sl.........

Bowtie Coupe, Jet96, 29bowtie and 3 others like this.
  13. I'm down to the two in my avatar. I'll need to build a shop building, if I want more...

No, the building in the pic isn't mine. I wish it was.

Special Ed likes this.
  14. Curt Six

Curt Six

There are a lot of "pairs" that jump to mind and it'd be tough to pick just one. I do think that when Chris Casny finishes that Merc, it and his roadster are going to be tough to beat.

Jet96, lothiandon1940, HEMI32 and 2 others like this.
  15. This is the pair I'd like to own in my next life. At the moment, they're both in the hands of HAMB member J. B. as far as I know.

419830-1350397003-caf028353e6c777b818b432f05dd12f5.jpg

A-Bomb02.jpg

16. That T rpu is the business! Any full pics of it finished anywhere?

17. [​IMG]
    The two in my shop/garage.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cabriolet I’ve had since forever, 1959, and the ‘51 since the late nineties. I recently did a six years rebuild of the cabriolet, making what I always wanted it to be. ...but I still have more modifications in mind for it.

The 51 has been a long semi continuous project since I first got it with the intention of having a driver as I rebuilt the cabriolet. For the most part, it has remained a regular if not daily driver all these years. The coupe is a nice driver, but now it needs good paint to keep the body from rusting away. I just hate to take it out of commission for new paint.

Stogy, Deuces, edcodesign and 8 others like this.
  18. custom cars/hot rods and rock n roll
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Billy Gibbons
    gibbons.jpg gibbons 1.JPG

James Hetfield
    hetfield.jpg hetfield1.jpg

Stogy, Deuces, Mtn Goat and 3 others like this.
  19. Special Ed

Special Ed

Here's a "pair" from around '52 or '53. A former neighbor of mine. He owned a successful Mobil gas station in the Los Angeles area for many, many years. If anyone's actually curious as to "how it was", here's your time capsule ...
    Dang... this was 65 years ago!

two.jpg

Stogy, Deuces, Irish Mike and 9 others like this.
  20. Jeff Beck and his AG clone
    beck.jpg
    and his T-bucket he sold to John Bonham
    beck 1.jpg

Deuces, Jet96, Mtn Goat and 2 others like this.
  21. This is my favorite pair
    Owned by the same "TV family"
    munsters.jpg

22. When I read "my favorite pair" my mind made an immediate right hand turn! Now that I have read the post, I'm back on course...

23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Toss up between TfeverFred,KidCampbell71 avatars as is
    Or
    The unseen mystery front of LonejackLarry and WTFreally avatars.
    We now return you to the serious people answering the question seriously.

Stogy, Jet96, 56premiere and 2 others like this.
  24. Last time I posted a pic of "my favorite pair" it got deleted and almost got the thread closed down.

Deuces, Jet96, Mr48chev and 3 others like this.
  25. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Special Ed - that T has always been a favorite reference car when trying to explain "clean" to folks. It was in almost every west coast magazine, often with no information ...

Special Ed likes this.
  26. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Going back to '68 - '69 period here. Spent most of a hitch in the Navy dreaming of the '50 Olds I was going to find & build when I got out. I'd been saving $$$, so finding one was the hard part.
    The wagon came first. The lady wanted $125 for it & had it sold 'til she found out the guy was going to put the engine in a boat. She told him to find another one & let me have it for 3 days worth of yard work & $55. Unemployed, no bad habits yet, sunny California, & some money - chrome wheels, cut 2 coils, duals, an OZ4 for the radio & I'm just in heaven.
    Well, Californy didn't work out, so we hitch the wagon to the '57 Dodge & move home. Damn near burned down the fresh Torqueflite doing Donner pass w/o shifting down a gear & should have towed the Dodge ...
    Upon arrival, I hunt up the local '50 Olds car guys, of course. The hardtop (nobody was using terms like ''Deluxe Holiday Coupe" yet) belonged to a guy I'd known since 8th grade. Fairly soon we had a deal made ...
    It's been a long time since you could buy a 3 speed '50 Olds wagon & drive it home for $55 ... or a hardtop for $260. '50 Olds 001.JPG '50 Olds 002.JPG

Stogy, saltracer219, Deuces and 11 others like this.
  27. Anderson

Anderson

Chris Ito has always had a bunch of amazing cars but my favorite combination was the Cockroach and the gold ‘40.
    CA791E3B-FA2E-49A3-8529-C0C7AA0A984E.jpeg D9697E70-7DD2-4C18-B687-8F824740A952.jpeg

Deuces, edcodesign, Jet96 and 8 others like this.
  28. Roadsir

Roadsir

This wears on my mind a lot. At first I thought it would be fun to have a car from every decade....29 Roadster, 32 coupe, 40 coupe, 50's wagon, 60's 2dr post, 70's C10, 80's Malibu drag car, 90's????maybe an Acura NSX or M3 or that generally handles really well. This is all starting to sound burdensome.

Not sure I could whittle it down to a pair, but I've thought about it. It would probably be the three window, and a roadster.....Ok and then perhaps a couple in couple in rotation....a drag car, a mild custom, a shop truck.....

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  29. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

I worked long and hard to build these two. My '29 Bonneville roadster and my '32 roadster.

richards camera 1120.JPG

Stogy, Deuces, Irish Mike and 12 others like this.
  30. My favorite pair:

HOT ROD - The HEMI-powered, chopped & channeled, '32 5wd Coupe built by my father in 1954 ... and still in my garage today:

1969 pic of our '32 5wd at Andy's Picnic (photo by Andy Southard Jr.).jpg
    photo by Andy Southard Jr.

... from the "Andy's 3rd Annual Street Rodders Picnic - Rod Roddin' Frisco Style!" article that appeared in the November 1969 issue of ROD & Custom magazine.

CUSTOM - The Clif Inman '57 Chrysler Custom built by Joe Wilhelm ... a car that my father briefly owned:

1964 pic of Clif Inman and his '57 Chrysler (photo by Andy Southard Jr.).jpg
    photo by Andy Southard Jr.
    ... from the "Lean Long Luxurious" article that appeared in the March 1964 issue of ROD & Custom magazine

Stogy, Deuces, Gotgas and 10 others like this.