Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Don't take life for granted

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drumyn29, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Prayers to the drivers family. Posts like this give me a chill as I run about 15,000 per month & see a lot of bad things on the road. So far God has kept me safe when ever there is a close call & I pray he will continue to do so.

slack likes this.
  2. I've seen people die in race cars, what can you say............nothing.
    I've seen a guy die from stupid , way too fast driving, nothing we could do, watched him take his last breath on Topanga Canyon on a beautiful Sunday evening. From driving a damn pickup way, way too fast. Young guy too.
    What can you say?

3. Everything in life has its risks, even if one avoids 'risky' behavior. Truly, the old saying of "By grace, go I along in life" is befitting.

4. drumyn29

drumyn29

Words to live by:
    "By grace, go I along in life"

5. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

About 25 years ago I was going to work early in the morning and heading North on I-5 after just stopping to get some coffee and a donut. I was still pitch black out and no one was on the freeway going either direction until I saw semi in front of me in the slow lane . I'm in the slow lane also and going about 60 and he was probably going around 50 because I was gaining on him fairly fast. We were going up a long hill and getting near the top. I was just about to pull into the passing lane to pass when he pulled into the passing lane first. I'm thinking the SOB didn't want me to pass him for some reason because I didn't see anything ahead because of the blackness when he pulled over. Just then I crested the hill and right in front of me was another semi going about 35 mph which I didn't know was there. I slammed on the brakes and came about five feet from the rear when I got slowed down enough not to hit him.

6. drumyn29

drumyn29

I'm guessing that you needed a fresh change of underwear after that?

7. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I did end up with hot coffee all over me.

8. drumyn29

drumyn29

I spoke with the sister today and it's a bit sad.
    While driving home, he had breakfast with her the morning before the accident.

She said that he just crested a hill in the slow lane and as he was coming down the other side, a trucker came up fast on him and hit him in the rear. He fishtailed and flipped over and ended up on the other freeway in the far lane.

9. Missy M

Missy M

He actually had breakfast with his daughter the day before the accident. She was very, very blessed to have that time with him.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  10. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

I have to admit that I was really surprised to see that he had a Master's degree in mathematics and was a college math teacher. May he RIP....

11. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My mom, who's pushing 80, has been in the hospital the last week. I took some days from work because my sisters and brother thought this was it. I'm not a religious person, but for the last 8 days, I've been praying my ass off. It's given me a whole new perspective on life and how to live it.

She's doing better, but still has a rough road. I go to sleep at night scared that my phone will ring. I guess, all I'm trying to say is, cherish each person in your life. Let the a-holes pass you by. Hold no grudge. Just cherish each and every breath and wish the same to others that you meet.

And every so often, just tell someone that you love them. It just may help their day.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  12. Baker4

Baker4

Sorry to hear. Life indeed is too short.

13. jvpolvere1

jvpolvere1

14. cycledelicjohn

cycledelicjohn

B WITH THE ONES U LOVE ! !