Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Pressure Gauge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hyperfe, Jul 19, 2010.

1. hyperfe

hyperfe

Anybody know who might produce a fuel pressure gauge with a lower limit? I have a 15 psi gauge with my 97's, running 2.5 pressure and can't get the gauge to to move off zero. I tried a couple different models with the same result. I'm thinking a 0-5 psi gauge might do it. Thanks, Jim M

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

I have a Moon gauge that works fine.

3. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

if you have a air bubble gage will not read accuratly
    bleed out the air ???

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So, did you ever find a fuel pressure gauge with a lower range? I'm looking for something as well.

BTTT

5. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I get all my pressure gauges from Marshall, in my opinion the best in the industry and they start at 0-15, nothing lower. A good gauge would read accurately maybe your pressure is to low to register, eh?

6. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last I fired the motor up it was right at 2.0 or 2.25 psi, or so. I've never seen a 0-5 and the only 0-10 gauges I've seen are BIG money. But for myself, personally, I can live with the 0-15 as long as everything is working right, but was thinking a 0-5 would make more sense, since it will never be out of that range, if one existed. Guessing not...

7. crb

crb
    from socal

Try calling Vintage Carburetion in Montana 406-857-2137.

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

A lot of low pressure stuff is measured in inches of water. Maybe see what's available in an in/h2o gauge? Used on natural gas, ....

9. You likely will need to look for industrial gauges instead of ones directed towards the automotive market. Might have to remote mount it in a hidden place if you don't like the look, but you shouldn't have much trouble finding a 0-3psi or 0-5psi gauge.

10. Joe King

Joe King

why do I need a fuel pressure gauge

11. johnreb23

johnreb23

old chevy and dodge (and probably other) oil pressure gauges were 1-5 psi for a period of time, but they are generally expensive online. you could look for these at flea markets.

a company called "national" also made very nice looking 1-5 psi fuel pressure gauges back in the 20s(?), also expensive.

modern low pressure gauges do exist, but make sure they are rated for gasoline before you buy one.

farmalldan likes this.
  12. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Someone told me that oil-filled ones don't work well at low pressures they said drill a small hole and let the fluid out and they will work fine. Don't know for sure ,but someone told me one time???:confused:

13. Andamo

Andamo

Go on line and look in the Grainger catalog. They have inexpensive low pressure gauges. Using a liquid filled gauge will dampen the needles action and the gauge will last longer. But in the cold weather the glycerin becomes stiff and the actual pressure won't be accurate until the gauge warms up. The alternative is to use a snubber in the line to a regular gauge. The snubber has a sintered metal disc inside the and dampens the action. Grainger should have them also.

By the way, it takes 27.1 inches of water to equal 1 pound of pressure.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  14. flathead A

flathead A
    from michigan

I found an old fuel pressure gauge at a swap meet last week stewart warner 1 to 10 lb,
    the number on the side is 2319F1,haven't checked it out yet.4 bucks I figured I couldn't go wrong.

15. tpahemi

tpahemi

I run a holly blue pump from the tank to a holly 4.5-9 psi reg. set @ 5psi. mounted on the frame in the same area where the stock sbc mechanical pump should be, from tha reg up to a low pressure holly reg set @ 2.5 psi, from it about 6" to a 6 outlet fuel block, 6 fuellines from it to the 6 97s.

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Okay, I know this is an old thread but I also would like to have a 0-5 psi fuel pressure gauge.
    Given what you posted here at the time Dick, what’s the story on this picture that has popped up recently in another thread?
    7874B598-B647-418F-A127-B78BCFCA79AA.jpeg

17. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I emptied the glycerin out of mu gauge and now it works.

You might also try replacing the glycerin with DOT 4 brake fluid or Dot 5.

18. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

That is easy peasy, my friend. Just message me and I will give you my PayPal addy and we will get this thing going.

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I’ll do that Dick. So I take it you’re still selling the 0-5 gauge like in the picture but it’s not on your website.
    I’ll send you a message, I’ll order a coil cover too.
    Thanks, Larry

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Sent you a reply to your email with a couple of other items, if you can figure shipping and send me a PayPal invoice that will be great.

Thanks Dick
    Top notch service as usual :cool:
    Larry

Blues4U likes this.
  21. Joe H

Joe H

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Got my order in with Dick for that neat 0-5 psi gauge and one of his coil covers too.
    Thanks again Dick :cool:

23. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Always a pleasure Larry.