Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Old cars/shows/new cars?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sevenhills1952, Jul 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOU WELLS

LOU WELLS
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from IDAHO

The Modern Times Finally Caught Up With My Antique Ass When Two Little Olde Ladies At A Car Show Saw At My Fordy Delivery And Exclaimed "Look Someone Took A Olde Hearse And Made It Look Like A PT Cruiser"....Lord Just Take Me Now!.... HAGERMAN 2016 009.JPG

2. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

You the man Danny :D We had the same thing one time when we took my cousins 55 Merc HT to a local cruise. New Camaro on one side, new Mustang on the other. Every one was looking the Merc over, asking who done the flames, where did he get the Olds spinners and on and on. The new car guys spent the whole time polishing and cleaning and we had a ball shooting the breeze. The Mustang guy couldn't take it any more, loaded his lawn chair, looked over at us and said "Those flames look like shit" hooked it in gear and ran over his cleaning supply bucket. KARMA!!!!

sevenhills1952, clunker and hidez57 like this.
  3. Ya don't have to look at them...

Personally, I would love to have a new hemi Challenger!

I would not give up my "hot rod", and wouldn't enter it in car shows.

Nostrebor and Sky Six like this.
  4. F&J

F&J

Hey, bust their balls...tell them "you did not build it, And you don't even own it...the bank does"

Some overweight couple around 50, showed up at a cruise when the PT Crusiers just came out...had the F'n shybaby doll too...I could not understand why people flocked to see it, and nobody was looking a true Factory Lightweight 69 Dart was trailered there with full history on a placard!

I went the fuck home!

sevenhills1952 and LOU WELLS like this.
  5. robracer1

robracer1

TWO things piss me off
    1. new Corvette shows up at a show with a Dealer tag still on it, pulls out his folding chair and someone walks up and says sure is clean and he replies just got it from his detailer. Now this guy has no sweat equity, meaning he dosen't even know how to work on and he pays someone to wash it. Well guess what he gets best of show!
    2. The Corvette, Challenger and Mustang people have car shows for their individaul model cars and we (hot rods classic cars) are not invited.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  6. I'm under the impression they are all about the "I'll do what I want, how I want, when I want, and with what I want" mentality. Selfish.

I find it disrespectful, to knowingly bring a brand new car to an obvious "car show"..I'm sure it isn't that they don't understand, it's more of the mind set of the Hell with you guys, "it's all about me, I'm so cool, my car is so cool, you're lucky I'm even here, I don't even like old cars, now where is my trophy"?

You'd think they might even be a bit embarrassed with their new car in a sea of obvious old Hot Rods and Customs..but it just doesn't seem to be the case..as they proudly bring out their cleaning supplies.

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

I like them all, Hot Rods, Kustoms, Old Classics to Modern Muscle. I have noticed the HAMB style cars/shows have become the "Trend" even here in Wisconsin, but still very much in the minority at most shows I attend, Patina, Rat Rod style are not my cup of tea, new car participants at shows doesn't offend me, "To each their own said the farmer as he hugged his cow" AND I still like Fuzzy Dice. ENJOY the HOBBY, Have a Great Day !

trollst and jnaki like this.
  8. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

If some one busts there ass and can buy a new car and wants to take it to a car show so be it. If some one who busts there ass and wants to buy a Hot Rod or a custom and then takes it to a car show so be it. Then there are people who complain about car shows and the people who attend them. And then complain about the people who put them on. Get my point. Oh and they also complain about the people who attend the shows too.

Nostrebor, trollst, LAROKE and 4 others like this.
  9. There are many good reasons why I do not do car shows any more. Cruise nights are okay, I can leave when I'd fed up or if something else captures my interest.

wicarnut likes this.
  10. Aside from most likely never being able to afford a proper hot rod. I can still dream while I cruise what I was able to build at home on a budget with my son in our garage. It's getting real difficult around here to find any pre-65 gatherings of "like minded" builders (or owners) who want to go out for a nice rolling cruise without a mullet era silver camaro in tow, or simply hang out with their OLD rides and cool buds and relax. Weekly Cruise nights are still well attended, but at least half are new production anymore. The new MOPAR kids are like a religious cult. Just finding a parking place in and around "your style of ride" or something that was built by a driver is a hoot... then IF you can, inevitably a custom cavalier, or neon pulls in behind you. Forget shows - same crony~crap it always was and will always be. Seen too many people fight over plastic "you matter too" awards. Corvettes... yeah. Finally when did getting up at the crack of dawn and showing up hours before an event just to ensure you get an aluminum 3x5 card with a new production red mustang on it become the thing to do? I long for the good old days too but they aren't coming back anytime soon, so I guess I'll just make the most out of it while I can....

And the DOGS.... what's up with the dogs? I don't take my truck to any dog shows.

Anyway, I'm 56 on Sunday, so I wanted to rehearse my mad old man ranting... worked out well. Thanks. Leaving Brush Creek.JPG

11. By the way, your truck is a proper hot rod!

12. jchav62

jchav62

I agree! 100%...

robber grin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.