Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen Metalworking Equipment and 32 Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Tinbender, Aug 29, 2015.

1. That's funny! I "rescued" a red tailed Boa many years ago (like 10-12), when it was 18" long. It's 11' now, and 6" in diameter, and I've told my wife I should just turn it loose in the shop! When I first got the place, there was a rodent problem, but constant trapping has cut it out. I always thought that would be a great video to see a thief "find" her loose in there if he broke in!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

X2222!!!

3. FOURTYDLX

FOURTYDLX

keep my eyes open

4. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Years ago we were living in the south of France. A garage owner kept getting burglarized. Really pissed off and unable to catch the thieves (this was before the days of inexpensive digital surveillance equipment) he took a portable radio and packed it with explosives. Sure enough, he was burgled again and shortly after the thieves left, there was heard in the neighborhood a deafening roar followed by a shower of body parts. He was prosecuted and likely found guilty of disturbing the peace. A just punishment. The foregoing story is NOT MEANT as a suggested approach to dealing with thieves. Just thinking about such an outcome is a consolation of sorts. An alarm system is the best prevention. BUT ... having an attractive device which would defy immediate opening and therefore require carrying off, packed with disgusting contents and perhaps pepper spray etc. could be seen as divine retribution in the event a burglary did occur, payment being a bitch. Just saying.

5. couple big dogs in the shop at night. Never feed them till morning. (that is if they're still hungry.) :)

6. Old friend used to leave 2 Great Danes in his shop overnight, not sure which would be worse having something disappear or the daily routine of shoveling crap and mopping up dog piss every morning before opening up the shop for business. Not to mention the wonderful aroma that greeted you as soon as you walked in.

7. Unfortunately this is the world we live in....

8. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Any luck remember cops like donuts not paper work. When my stuff was stolen I put up a reward after the local cops had no luck I recovered my stuff plus some things that were not mine !

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My experience has been that the only reason to report it to the law enforcement people is that is required to file an insurance claim. :mad:

10. Normally my feelings as well, Terry and Dick. But don't forget, the '32 parts belonged to the Sheriff. 1. There would be only damage gained by delaying telling him, and 2. Even though I agree he can only bring so much extra attention to this particular crime without getting himself in trouble, I'd bet money any Deputies that are bucking for a promotion will be putting this at the head of their priorities!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. cfmvw

cfmvw

Been following this and keep hoping for a positive update...fingers crossed!

12. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Sorry, guys, I still don`t have any updates to give you. I don`t know what is going on, currently. If there are any HAMB`ers close that know something concrete...(no rumors, PLEASE...) post here...

13. roundvalley

roundvalley

Bump for any new activity.

14. roundvalley

roundvalley

Bump-still looking.

15. I hope ya find the bastards.... then give' em a frontal lobotomy with a hatchet!!!

Hatchet likes this.
  16. metalman

metalman

Wow, after a year and a half? I know you never lose hope but.....

17. putz

putz
    from wisc.

18. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

In case any of you are still following this, I got nothing. The trail has gone cold, at least as far as I know, and I am kind of out of the loop here. If there is a loop. I would imagine the pieces have all been dispersed by now, and without any real Identification on things, cash money for this stuff means that it disappears.....But if I hear anything, I will post it, for sure.

19. roundvalley

roundvalley

20. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

for those who still feel the cops should just stake out the place, remember that many smaller towns have a very small number of officers on 3rd shift. Many years ago I managed a business in one of the
    richest towns in CT, the restaurant across the street was broken into at 3 am. There had been a series of
    these break ins along the road, this one had a silent alarm. The police officer who responded did not wait for backup, and sadly was shot in the throat (fatal). It came out that there were only 2 police officers patrolling 3rd shift with a sargent supervising. So 1/2 the patrol force would be tied up on a stake out.