Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need Help Identifying Model A Parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SlowandLow51, Jul 17, 2018.

1. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

I recently picked up a couple of parts that are supposed to be for a model a engine. One is a Side Cover and the other is an Intake that has Townsend cast into it. Maybe an individual runner Intake? Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. I assume you realize the "side cover" covers the intake and exhaust ports when an overhead value head is used on a Model A or B engine. I can't identify the other part. Maybe an unfinished carburetor adapter for the overhead?

Charlie Stephens

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  3. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

The cover is an unknown application. The Intake runner is as well but it does have Townsend cast into it. Not sure of the application for either part, but I was told model a or model t.

4. As Charlie said the side cover is to be used to cover the ports when certain overhead valve heads were used. As for the other piece I am thinking maybe an unfinished dist. riser when certain overheads were used on A or B blocks.

5. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

Thanks For The Replies Charlie And 62pan. Mike

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Good suggestions so far. I’d find the monthly banger thread and post there, good pool of guys that would be likely to recognize what the mystery riser is

SlowandLow51 likes this.