Register now to get rid of these ads!

How-To Restore Vintage Plates

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stroupedesign, Jun 23, 2010.

1. evintho

evintho

Pretty slick! How do I find you on Ebay?

2. Very old post but if you are looking to have some plates restored I would recommend Darryl. That is who I am going to have restore mine. He uses quality paint with no kind of clear to improve the look of his plates. He also has the ability to make duplicates of your plates as well. Going to have him make me a duplicate set to use as drivers while I keep my original restored set put up for safe keeping.

3. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

That is not me..something I found while researching plate restoration.

4. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

posting those stick on letters is not fair to the guy doing all the hard work.

5. buick bill

buick bill
    from yreka;ca

just had to jump on this . I had a 70 riv , first yr for ca. blue plates . painted them black . never had a problem .most cops are to young to know when the change was .and the numbers are right . ca is making their own phony black plates now .so they might miss the revinue . and my pet peeve is black plates on new cars . don't make it a classic . aint nothin sacred!! also lookin for a set of black ca commercial plates in good shape with clear numbers for a decent price . ca gets 100.oo for new counterfits!!!

6. IMG_0813.JPG Used Darryl in the past. Not a good experience. At the time I used them you could figure on a year! We have a Hamb member who does very good work right here. He is in St. Louis.

7. Tyler Elliot in Finleyville PA restored one of these for me... he's on here.
    Naturally afterwards I found a set of decent originals for cheap... doesn't matter I just love what he was able to do with absolute junk plates. The kid is an absolute creative wizard and super easy to deal with.
    47 tags.JPG
    Tyler Plates.JPG

Attached Files:

mario711 likes this.